Chapter 6

When I woke up sunlight was hitting my face. Alan and I had stayed out pretty late last night and I was not ready to be up. Alan slept peacefully next to me with a slight smile on his face. I grabbed my phone and got a quick picture so that I could post it on twitter later. The curtains floated around due to wind from the open window and knowing full well there was no way I could go back to sleep I got up and shut it. Alan moaned at the loud noise and I just chuckled and rifled my hair

"Good morning to you beautiful," I said taunting Alan who just rolled over.

"Come on sunshine we gotta face the day," I said walkin over to his side and laying down next to him. He put his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Thanks for last night," Alan said in a groggy voice. Suddenly memories from last night clouded my vision. Alan properly asked me out last night but he had a cheesy way of doing it.

-flashback-

"Let's go grab a bite," Alan suggested.

"Okay sounds good," I said as we climbed the stairs to get ready. I wonder what brought this on but the light was fading outside and though I didn't want to leave Evans side I knew she was okay with Austin here.

"What should I wear?" I asked him. He looked at me with a sly smile.

"Something fancy," he said and left to take a shower. I went to our closet where we hung our fancier things up and pulled out the dress I bought with Evan. She was always a great fashion consultant. This dress was black but it was long and had a cute one shoulder strap. I paired it with my black flats.

"How long is it gonna take to get there I'm starving," I said trying to get a clue at where we were going.

"Just sit tight," Alan said as we got in the car. The sun was setting an the moon made an appearance. Night time was my favorite time of the day.

"I hope I can get Evan out tomorrow. We need to decorate and she needs to move," I said trying to keep a conversation up.

"I would just take it easy ya know," Austin said stopping the car abruptly. I looked out and saw trees were decorated with lights and the restaurants name was French. I don't know how Alan had the time to plan this but I definitely wasn't complaining.

"M'Lady," Alan said holding our his hand and holding my door. I took his and and gracefully got out of the car, a huge smile plastered on my face.

"This place is beautiful," I said as we were greeted by a middle aged man.

"Reservation for ashby," Alan said and the host took us to a secluded table in the back. There was a bottle if red wine and a squidgy waiting for us. On instinct I reached for the small octopus first.

"So Angel, we met in a restaurant so u think its only fair I ask you to be mine in a resterant as well." Alan said.

"Of course ill be your girlfriend," I said giddily.

-End of flashback-

"No thank you for last night babe, I said sweetly kissing his nose and getting up to head to the shower. After I got out of the shower and changed I went downstairs where I was greeted with the smell of pancakes and bacon. Austin was sleeping on the couch so I tip toed passed him to grab some coffee. Alan smiled.

"Give me ten more minutes and the food will be done!" He whispered rather triumphantly. I smiled and kissed his cheek walking back upstairs to check on Evan. She was asleep and seemed quiet but I knew she would be awake soon. I set down my coffee on the table and scribbled out a quick note letting her know she was okay and that Austin was right downstairs. Alan was waiting at the breakfast bar for me and I noticed he even out strawberries on top.

"You don't miss the little things do you?" I asked quietly though I knew Austin was awake. Alan shook his head and we both began to eat. Over the course of two weeks I shared more with Alan that I had shared with anyone else. He knew almost everything about me and I was slowly learning about him. For his birthday this year I planned on getting him an orange kitty whose name would be Nala. His birthday was in two weeks but I already called the guy and he said we can come and pick up Nala whenever we wish to. Austin abandoned the fake sleeping and joined us in the kitchen.

"You two seem rather cheery," Austin said trying to seem happy. I smiled.

"Alan here is quite the romantic," I stated and Austin rolled his eyes causing me to smile.

"Okay so today Alan and I have an errand to run but we will come right back home and then you and I and maybe... Evan if she's awake, can discuss funeral things," I said hesitantly.

"Yeah if she's up to it. If not you and I can start I guess," Austin said trying to give me a glimmer of hope. I nodded and finished my breakfast. I cleaned up since Alan cooked and then grabbed his keys.

"Come on lover boy," I said and we got in his car.

"Where we headed today?" Alan asked wondering why I was driving.

"It's a suprise. You'll love it," I said a smile blooming on my lips.

"Okay if you say so," he said. The drive was short so I had to keep Alan occupied.

"I was thinking about getting a tattoo," I said grabbing his attention.

"Really? What kind? Do you have a sketch idea?" He asked getting excited.

"Yeah I want to get a heart but not one of those cutesy hearts an anatomically correct heart with my dads name below it and his birthday and the day he died," I said keeping my eyes on the road. He knew how hard it was for me to talk about my parents and soon I felt his hand grab my free one.

"That sounds perfect. I know a guy that can do that for you," Alan said and I nodded pulling up to the house.

"Who lives here?" He asked as we got out. I locked the car twice for extra protection. We went nessicarily in a sketch part of town but our car was pretty nice for these parts. I knocked on the door and a middle aged man who dressed like a hypster answered the door. He smiled recognizing me.

"Hey! Your the one who wants Nala right?" The man asked. I nodded. He invited us in and that's when I saw the kitten. Alan looked confused so I walked over and picked her up.

"Here Nala say hi to daddy!" I said handing her to Alan. He smiled big an his eyes twinkled. I quickly signed the paperwork while Alan played and handed over the money. This cat was expressive but the look on Alan's face was worth it. Craig the man who sold her to me have me a bag of food and a carrier and sent us on our way. The guys house creeped me out and I couldn't wait to get out of there and out of this neighborhood. As we got to the car and after I put Nala and the food in the back, Alan spun me around and kissed me softly.

"That was the best birthday present anyone has ever given me," he said after releasing me.

"Well I wanted a boy cat so we could name him Alan jr but she's a girl so Nala it is," I said. I got in the car and let Alan drive home. Surprisingly Alan is a pretty selfless guy. Normally band guys are pretentious idiots but I realize I left all normalcy behind when I started dating Michael. The sun was blinding but I got used to it and when we got back to the apartment, after taking care of Nala, I raced upstairs to open the curtains in Evans room. Hopefully the sky and sunlight would rouse her from her comatose state. She stirred and blinked a little but didn't say anything.

"Good morning Evan, how are you feeling?" I asked tentatively. She just blinked at me and I felt stupid for asking. I slowly pulled out my phone and told Austin to come up. I smiled at Evan and sat Down on the bed fixing her hair. Austin practically ran into the room but smiled when he saw Evan was awake and moved her so that she was leaning agains him. Austin really was the perfect boy.

"Honey. I'm sure you don't feel like it, but we really need to discuss funeral plans," I said. Her eyes just blankly stated at me. It's gonna be a long day.