Chapter 36

• Dedicated to missmortefiore

"What about kat?" Alan said. We had been discussing baby names all day. He's been completely on board with everything baby since he found out last week.

"I am not naming my kid after an animal breed," I said with a chuckle.

"But it's spelt with a k!" He said.

"Still sounds like cat," I said.he rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair as I rewrote the wedding invitation for what had to be the fifteenth time. I wanted to get married before I started to show but that was looking like less if a possibility due to the tour coming up.

"Nala?" He asked.

"No, I do miss nala though," I said. I felt him sigh. He loved that damn cat so much and then the building blew up.

"What time is it?" I asked looking up at him. He pulled out his phone from his way too tight skinny jeans.

"Eleven forty," He said. I sighed and sat straight up.

"I have to go," I said. I was going to see Michael today. I didn't tell him that though. I told him I was going to help jess out with a project she had for college.

"Be careful," Alan said.

"Yes sir," I responded sticking my tounge out.

"No really have a good time just come back soon okay. I think the boys and I are going to discuss the tour that is kicking off soon," Alan said.

"Alright," I responded hollowly while closing the door. It wasn't really the ideal time for a tour for neither Evan or I. The boy's knew it but they couldn't do much about it, this was their job after all. I walked out to my car when my phone rang.

"Incoming call from an inmate in los Angeles county penitentiary. Press one to accept," A monotonous robotic voice instructed. I pressed one and waited for the phones to connect.

"Hello?" I asked. I heard a sigh on the other end.

"Hey. Um are you still coming by today?" Michaels voice rang out.

"Yeah why?" I asked. He sounded like he was broken or something.

"Good. I was just looking forward to it is all. Uh do me a favor. Don't laugh when you get here," Michael said.

"Uh okay. I'm getting in my car heading over now so see you soon," I said and hung up. What could have possibly happened for him to be so light hearted. Don't get me wrong I was used to his mood swings but this one was different. The sky outside was cloudless and I actually felt human for once instead of feeling sick. The drive was long but the roads I took let me keep to myself mostly. When I got to the penetentury I went through the dull routine of taking off my jewelry and putting my keys in the plastic bin they held up front. Stan the usual guard let me through with a smile.

"Hello Mrs. Porter. Here to see you're brother again?" He asked. I nodded with a smile. I told them Michael was my brother because I do have a restraining order against him but I wanted to see him so I couldn't tell them who I really was. I sat down and immediately had to fight back the urge to laugh.

"I see why now. Thanks for the warning," I said with a smirk.

"Oh it isn't that bad is it?" He asked me his voice sounding mechanic coming from the little phone booth. His smile seemed more crooked and the crinkle in his eyes was sad now. I sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"Nothing I'm just tired," I said absent mindedly moving a strand of my hair back.

"What was that?" Micheal asked his smile falling. I knew I would have to approach this subject sometime why not now.

"An engagement ring," I said looking down sheepishly. I wasn't ashamed I was just scared at his reaction. To my surprise he laughed.

"That fucker's got me beat in ever fucking way now hasn't he," Michael said. If he only knew.

"Well there's my news for the week I guess. Oh could you call off your band mates. They are making me uncomfortable calling me all the time," I said as an after thought. They had been calling a lot lately.

"I can try but no promises. I can't stop them from in here," He said.

"Oh come on if you said eat shit and die they'd do it. You know they would," I said reminding him that I knew these people just as well as he did.

"True. Well nothing new in here. I'm supposed to be on work detail right now but like a saving grace you saved me," Michael laughed. I smiled.

"I can't stay actually but next week I am bringing someone with me and I have a surprise for you. Think that will tide you over?" I asked him. He smiled.

"I think so. See you in a week then," Michael said and I got up hanging the phone up without so much as a goodbye. I couldn't take seeing him be in such good spirits in here. Not after all the hell he put me through. I practically ran out to the front. The prison had it's effects on me. I hated being inside, probably because I know only dangerous people end up in prison. I got my personal effects back and said goodbye to Stan before I took off. I guess I could spend some time at the shop with john. I had been in there a lot recently but I didn't have time to announce my pregnancy officially and I guess now was as good a time as ever. I had a doctors appointment set up for the day before the guys leave. It was just a preliminary check up where my doctor will take me on the wonderful journey of explaining prenatal vitamins and how important it is not to smoke and drink and the likes. Alan wanted to come along anyway but who knows why. He was going to miss hearing it's heartbeat for the first time unfortunately. Luckily i'll have Evan by my side.  I drove pretty quickly to the shop and jumped out with a new found excitement. The bell chimed above my head and Johnny stuck his head out. I guess he was here alone.

"Oh hey Angel! Isn't it you're day off?" He asked. Terri came out from the backdoor probably from a smoke break and Jeff emerged from the bathroom.

"Yeah I just have some news," I said with a smile on my face. They all looked a little worried. "No, I am not leaving. You were all thinking about it but I'm just saying it," I said a little annoyed at their quick judgment.

"What's up then are you okay?" Terri asked. I smirked.

"I'm perfect but you guys may want to sit down. Well Terri anyway," I said. Everyone sat down anyway since it was just us. "So, I might be three weeks pregnant..." I said slowly as I watched their expressions change.

"WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME THIS IS GREAT!" Terri jumped up and hugged me. Johnny and Jeff sat in shock for a moment. I had mentioned a couple times that I didn't want kids till I was older so I'm sure this sudden announcement caught them off guard.

"Do you realize what this means?" Terri said snapping my attention back to her.

"No what does it mean?" I asked confused.

"We get to throw you a baby shower!" She said excitedly. She and I have a very similar personality.

"That's great Ang," Jeff and Johnny said together as they both hugged me.

"Sorry for keeping it from you guys for so long I just didn't want to make a big deal about it," I said sheepishly.

"When did you find out?" Terri asked.

"They day before Alan proposed for the second time," I said with a grin.

"YOU EVIL LITTLE SHIT! I COULD BE SO FAR AHEAD IN PLANNING!" Terri said dramatically. I laughed.

"Well like John said it's my day off so I got to get home to Alan. I will see you guys tomorrow," I said waving glad that this news had been taken better than expected.