Chapter 21 : Cheat In Order To Survive

^ Anko Mitarashi

Sasuke's pov

"Well, my objective are to test you not as a individual but as a team and also how well you function as a part of that team. That's why it's scored on a team basis so you'd know that everything you did and fail to do will directly affect your team mates. I wanted to see how you handle the pressure." "Uh hm. That's why I keep my cool" Naruto totally not figure it out.

"The first nine question on the test are difficult. In fact, as you've realise it's too dificult for any genin expected to solve. I imagine most of you have come to conclusion that you have to cheat when you have any chance of passing. The fact is the test are designed to encourage, it almost demanding. Of course it'll done you little good unless you have someone to cheat from. So I disguise two chunin and one higher that already know or could easily do all of the questions in the test and had them seated with you."

Hiro rise from her chair and also 2 other chunin. "Of course I knew it. Some duffus who won't knew it. Right Hinata?" Yeah right, Naruto really don't figure it out. Hiro and two other Chunin sit back on their chair.

"Those who are caught at it fail, better not to cheat than to cheat clumsyly. Information, it could be the most valuable weapon in battle. How well you gather intelligence can determind wether a mission of failure of a success. Now be time to risk your life to get it" Ibiki remove his head protector and reveal his marks of torture his whole head.

It's something that are so horrible that you feel like chills down your spine. "Of course you must also consider the source of your information intelligence gathered from an enemy is not necessarily accurate. Always bear this in mind. This information could be worst than no information at all. It could lead to the death of comerads or the lost of a village. That's why I put you in a position where you had to gather accurate information intelligence. Cheat in order to survive. And that's why, those who weren't too good enough are weeded out, leaving the rest of you"

"Ok, but I still don't get the 10th question are" "You're not. The 10th question are the main point of the whole exam. Surely you see that" "Sure, but explain it anyway" Sakura replied.

"As I said before. The goal are not to test you individually, but as a part of a squad. The final question gives you 2 choices, both difficult. You could choose to play it safe and skip the question, but it would meant that both your team mates would be failed or you could try next time. But if you answer it wrong, you would loss your chance of becoming a chunin. It was a no-win situation."

"Well, a chunin must face it everyday. For example, you've got a mission of stealing an important mission and you the target are heavily armed ninja. You won't know what's coming and they seems to have expected you. It's your choice either fight another day of No. There'll be many mission that'll seems suicidal if you think about it. But you do not think about it. You only think about the mission, have courage and achieve the mission. These are required for a chunin squad leader."

"Those who would save their neck for the price of secrets, are not be able to call themselves chunin. At least as long as I'm here. As for the rest of you, you've successfully answered the 10th question I've given to you. you've earned your right to continue on to the next step. You have cast through the first gate, and I here by declare that the chunin selection exam are complete. There's nothing else. I wish you all good luck."

Hiro's pov

Here comes Anko in 3... 2... 1...

*Crash* Great way to enter. "Heads up boys and girls, this is no time to be celebrating. I'll be your next proctor, Anko Mitarashi. You're ready for the second test? Good! Lets Go! Follow Me" Sure she won't listen to my mental note. "You're early again" "How many are they? Ibiki, you let these guys pass? Your test are too easy, you must be getting soft." "Or it could be a stronger crop of contestant this year"