Tick

It's the darkness, ya know? It just ticks away at you like a ticking time bomb.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

See what I mean? It creeps slowly along. Sort of like how night does- a blanket that sweeps over everything. You know it's coming, yet, it still unexpectedly arrives. Like death: it consumes you. It devours all your thoughts. Your actions. Your life is centered around it. Not consciously mind you, but the fact remains it's there. Waiting.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

What will you do when it explodes? Go into hiding? Lose yourself in the deep abyss? Or will you relish in it? Bathe in the inky swell of darkness; welcome it and let your mind be enlightened?

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It's only a matter of time. Acceptance or denial matters not, when in the end, the results are the same. The choice is yours to make. It's really quite maddening isn't it? The ticking. Enough to drive even the insane sane.

What's that? You think that would be a good thing? Well clearly you've never witness it firsthand. Never been to hell: the place where fire burns deep in your soul.

Me, melodramatic? Perhaps. But, do you really want to question it? Are you really prepared to find the truths; the truths that are kept hidden from you? No? Didn't think so.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

You want to know what I did? Is it not obvious? I see the way you look at me. The smile that says this is some kind of joke, and that, I am quite frankly, insane. And that may very well may be the case. Would you like to test it? Another time, then. However, I see that you are no longer smiling. Isn't that better?

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It echoes in your ears like the beating of your own heart, doesn't it? Hard to ignore. Hard to forget. Just like the blood bleeding from the walls. Ah, you didn't notice that before? Surprising, isn't it? What you can see when you are no longer blind.

What was that you ask? The drip-splash, drip-splash. Why that's simply the forgotten souls falling from the ceiling. They look like crystal tears don't they? How do think it'd feel like to lose yourself so far into the abyss? To drift along until your soul simple fades? Splash! It's gone.

Don't like that do you? Me, crazy you say? Well, what do you know? After all you're the one sitting there talking to yourself.

Tick. Tick. Tick.