Drip

I am sin. The devil within. The seed of oblivion. Lust, hunger, and thirst consumes me. The sting, the pain, and the anguish devours me. I am the darkness's own nightmare. The eyes that stare while the world is in despair. Do you love a soul that holds no heart? Can you feel for me, before I rip yours apart? Time. It is irrelevant. What matters if you're left bleeding?

Drip. Tock. Drip. Tock.

Drown your sorrows on the empty clock. Your eyes are blue like the tears you drop. Hurry. Stop. It matters not. Can you feel it? Inside? That's your heart shattering, threatening to break. One more step is all it'll take. I've told you before, this is a mistake. The kiss that cuts, leaves you to ache. Hurt? Who cares anyway? Go away!

Drip. Tock. Drip. Tock.

Don't look at me with eyes that talk: speaks of light, love, hope. What a joke! Alone. Hollow. Cold. That is what I am. Cursed to hold the abyss. I'm the end's tryst. Your touch slices like glass. Your wings won't last. A distant memory of the past.

Drip. Tock. Drip. Tock.

Your beating heart is slipping. Do you feel yourself trembling? Why are you still weeping? Am I not smiling? Lost. Like the seconds of time. Your words reverberate like chimes. To love is a crime!

Drip. Drip. Tock. Drip. Tock.

A dripping path leads to a broken start. An angel falls from the poisonous dart. The demon wakes as her lips part. Change. The diamond rose glosses onyx black. Things that can't be given back. A feather drifts across the beaten track.

Drip. Drip. Tock. Drip. Drip. Tock.

The beating of the silent clock. The tears had stop.

Drip.

Broken. Defeated. Haunted and tormented. He dwells in the shadows, alone. Time. It's irrelevant. What matters if you have no heart? His heart had left him right from the start. Caught on lips of an angel.