Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

2.

Anne's POV

"Hey, Annabelle," Hunter says with a wink as he walks up to my friends and I, with my brother and the new guy beside him.

I groan. "Hi, Hunter." I hate when people call me by my full name. I don't want to be named after a cursed doll that kills people.

"Come on, you don't have to hide how much you missed me," he says, pulling me into a side hug and not letting me go.

A really nice smell floods my nose. I love when guys smell good.

I roll my eyes. "When pigs fly," I state and Hunter just laughs.

Hunter and my brother, Daniel, have been best friends for as long as I can remember. He always hangs out at my house after school with my brother but I don't normally talk to him because I hide in my room.

Most people don't even get the pleasure of talking to Hunter so according to him I should feel special. I never used to mind Hunter being around all the time until he became really cocky and arrogant and popular, not to mention the biggest womanizer ever.

My brother is also one of the populars at our school, actually he is the second most popular guy in the entire school and sadly he is also a womanizer, so being siblings with him has made me kind of popular as well. Daniel is very overprotective and he makes my friends and I sit at the popular table with them during lunch.

"Anne, you wanted to get new shoes right? Mom gave me money, I'll take you after school. Alex and Cody want to watch that new movie that's out. Apparently they're having a sale at that converse store so just go there first," Daniel says.

"Okay, I'll meet you in the parking lot after school," I say with a grin just as the bell signaling the start of class goes off.

**************

I walk into the shoe store and look around, a frown on my face. There are so many options. Some may consider this a good thing, but for my indecisive self, it is definitely bad.

Daniel has taken the twins to watch that new superhero movie and he left me with enough money to buy a pair of shoes.

I am not one of those super girly girls that have rows of high heels and drawers of makeup, I have about two pairs of shoes that are not completely disheveled and I have mascara and lip gloss, that's about it. So yeah, I definitely need new shoes or I am going to start looking like a hobo soon.

I walk around the store that is packed with racks of different coloured converse shoes. The walls are painted a dull grey colour, making the bright shoes stand out.

"Good day Maam, can I help you with something?" A lady working at the store asks, walking up to me.

"Um, no thanks, I'm just looking for now," I say with a smile. The lady nods and steps away, glaring at me and watching me like I am going to steal a shoe.

Damn, who got your knickers in a twist?

I look around for a little while until I spot a pair of turquoise high tops. Perfect. Turquoise has been my favorite colour since I was five years old but it's so hard to find the right colour of turquoise. So many people don't understand but it just has to be the right colour of green and blue.

I pick it up and check the size. Size 6. This day is turning out to be awesome.

I take a picture and send it to Daniel,

Me, 4:30pm: How sexy?

Daniel, 4:36: Perfect ;)

I grin and turn to the sales lady who is still giving me weird looks, "I'll take this one," I tell her.

Ha, take that. I'm not stealing the shoes.

She nods and takes it to the till, scanning it. She puts the shoes in a box with crêpe paper and stuffs the box in a brown packet with the word "Converse" written on the front.

"Thank you for shopping here. There is a three week return policy. I hope to see you again," the lady says.

Lies.

I walk out the store taking the shoes out of the box. I want to wear my shoes now. I hate the smell of new things. I know so many people love it, but I can't stand it. When I get home I am going to spray deodorant on it until I can't smell the weird new smell anymore.

But I am just going to wear it for now so that it's not too new. Nobody understands.

I pull the box open, not watching where I am going, and I trip over a little pot plant on the floor.

I fly forward and accidentally let go of the box. It flies over the edge, and I grab onto the railing so I don't fly over with it. What is that pot plant even doing there?

I look over the rail to see where my shoes have gone and see the last thing I wanted to see.

Hunter sitting on the floor, rubbing his head with my shoes lying beside him.

Shit.

***************

Soooooooo.... whatcha think? ;) xxx please comment and vote <3 Thanks for reading :*

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG