Lets face the cold hard facts...

DISCLAIMER- I DO NOT OWN SPONGEBOB NOR THE CHARACTERS OR IMAGES! THE SHOW WAS CREATED BY THE MAGNIFICENT STEPHEN HILLENBURG AND IS OWNED BY NICKELODEON/ VIACOM!

WRITERS NOTE: hey y'all, first EVER #spandy fanfic so hope you enjoy! 😊

SPONGEBOB'S POV

"IM READY! IM READY!" I yelled as I ran towards the Krusty Krab! It was pretty chilly this particular morning in Bikini Bottom but nothing gets in the way of a hard days work down at the Krusty Krab! I knew that by the time I started firing up the ol' grill, my buns would be nice and toasty. Just the very thought of my job makes me feel a warm sensation in my heart and puts me in the mood for a little sing song!

" 🎤 STICK YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR

SHAKE YOUR BOTTOM LIKE YOUR PANTS ARE SQUARE

START A TREMBLING DOWN IN YOUR KNEES

SLIDE ON THE FLOOR LIKE ITS COVERED WITH GREASE

WOULD YOU LIKE A LITTLE EXTRA CHEESE?

NOW YOU'RE DOING THE KRABBY PATTY!🎤"

I continued my singing until I reached the entrance to the Krusty Krab where I met my co- worker/neighbour/ best friend Squidward dully staring at his watch and impatiently tapping his tentacle on the ground whilst waiting for Mr. krabs to unlock the door.

"GOOOOOD MORNING SQUIDWARD! You look well rested" I said perkily whilst trying to cheer. Squidward up.

Squidward looked up to face me and then placed his attention back to his watch. He didn't seem to be in a good mood....well that was pretty normal for Squidward. The last time I remember seeing Squidward in a good mood was when he had a date. Back 7 months ago, he was dating Squilvia and was smily as ever but after she stood him up he has been down in the dumps ever since.

Maybe Squidward should date again....maybe he is just feeling alone.....

"Hey Squidward, um..you going out on any er...DATES lately?" I ask kinda nervously

"SPONGEBOB PLEASE SHUT UP! My dating life is over and that's none of your business!!!" Squidward scowled at me!

"But maybe you need to date again to be happy...just remembering you smiling back then made me realise that all these years you just wanted someone by your side!" I advise Squidward

"*sigh* SpongeBob....you've never dated! You've never had a girlfriend! AND NEVER WILL! HOW ON EARTH DO YOU THINK THAT I NEED LOVE IN MY LIFE TO MAKE ME HAPPY WHEN YOU'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED LOVE YOURSELF!" Squidward lectured as he stomped his tentacles on the ground whilst screaming in my face.

I was speechless....it was true....I hadn't ever experienced love...

Just as I was thinking about my lonely love life, I heard Mr.Krabs scuttling along the pavement whilst flicking a penny in the air.

"Good morning SpongeBob me boy! Ready to fry up me some mone- I mean patties!" Mr Krabs corrected himself as he took out the keys to the Krusty Krab.

"YES SIR! IM READY AS EVER!" I shouted cheerfully but inside I wasn't feeling as happy and excited as I sounded.

"And good morning to you Mr. Squidward!" Said Mr. Krabs.

"Whatever Eugene.....can we just go inside and get the day over with.." Squidward moaned.

"Alright Squidward...i'll let you leave 5 minutes early if I see all six of your tentacles doing work!" Said Mr. Krabs in his sailor accent.

"Whoopee!" Squidward cheered dully as he entered the Krusty Krab and plumped himself at his post whilst fetching himself a copy of his magazine 'Fancy Living Digest'.

Normally I wouldn't say this but today looked like it was gonna be a long BORING day. That is until she walked in...

Writers note: I hope y'all like this first chapter. I want this story to be really good because I have read some other great SBXSC fanfics and lemme tell ya....THEY ARE GOOOOD! I'm hoping to be able to update frequently but if I have any delays, I want to apologise in advance.

Thanks for reading!
~ spongebobbiggestfan 😘