Thirty Nine

Third Person POV

Percy strode into the Great Hall, the cape billowing behind him. Everyone gasped at him, his outfit, his whole being, really.

The gods, well the ones that didn't help him get dressed, gaped. The demigods as well. Luke stood in the corner, but he had the perfect view of Percy, as he strode in. Luke couldn't have been more proud of Percy at the moment. Even through all those horrible things Kronos did to him, Percy was still able to walk with his head held high.

Percy was nervous. He sure didn't look it, but on the inside all he could think was I'm freaking out! He was scared. How would everyone react to him being alive? To him going back to camp? To Luke going back to camp? How would people react? How-how was his mother? Gods, his mother! He had completely forgotten. He'll have to talk to the gods later.

Everyone stared at Percy as he walked up the stairs and onto the stage. The Olympians moved back so he was the centre of attention. Percy shifted nervously. He grasped the microphone that was handed to him.

"So...hey guys! Yup! I'm alive! Woohoo! Yeah! Anyways, I just wanted to thank you all for coming, and tell you that I hope that you treat Luke not as a traitor, because he honestly saved my life. If it weren't for him, as ridiculous as this sounds, I'd be dead. But yeah! Look at this outfit! It's so cool! There's a cape and everything! It's like I'm a super hero! Not that I want that. Too much attention. Yeah! Okay! What do j do now?!"

The crowd laughed at his obvious nervousness. They didn't think he'd be so nervous after his display of supposed calm. They watched as Zeus gently took the microphone from Percy.

"I just want to announce, that starting the first of next month, Luke Castellan will be taking over Dionysus' job at Camp Half-Blood as a punishment. Also, Percy the gods are in your debt."

He handed the microphone back to Percy.

"Well then....That's good news! But no one is in anyone's debt! But yeah! Let's have a party!"

Okay guys, sorry for not updating, but I'm going to start updating on a schedule soon. This book is almost over so once it is over, I will start a sequel that will take its spot on the schedule. Anyway, next update will be Friday April 18.
~DemigodInTraining