chapter two

jungkook, huh? the name suits you well. taehyung wrote down on his paper, jungkook smiling widely and thanking him as he read it over. jungkook now had spring finished for his project, which made some weight lift off of his chest because at least he had a start now. jungkook couldnt work on his project at home, his mother greatly disapproved of his hobby, saying that it will amount to nothing and he should just start thinking about more stable careers for the future. jungkook just wished he could show her his pictures sometimes.

"do you dye your hair often?" jungkook asked, turning towards taehyung. taehyung used his pencil to write on his paper once again, placing it in front of jungkook for him to read his response. yeah! im thinking of dying it silver soon! was what was written, making jungkook smile again. jungkook paused for a moment, thinking that silver would be perfect for his winter photos. "uh- taehyung? would you consider maybe dying your hair three more times over the course of three weeks and maybe letting me photograph you with each one? it would be perfect for my project." jungkook explained, hoping that he wasnt pushing it.

taehyung immediately nodded his head and wrote something down before showing it to jungkook. sounds fun! i'll need your help dying my hair, though because its a hard process. jungkook read, sighing in relief that taehyung was such a sweet person and didnt think jungkook was rude. "yeah," jungkook nodded, "i can do that." he smiled lightly, thanking taehyung. they quickly exchanged numbers when jungkook mentioned he should get home, smiling fondly to each other as he walked off. taehyung liked when jungkook smiled and then tilted his head down.

when jungkook arrived home, his mother looked extremely displeased. "jeon jungkook where have you been? i need to be at work in half an hour and the trash hasnt even been taken out!" his mother nagged at him, shaking her head and pointing to the trash bin. jungkook sighed and nodded, hurrying to take the trash outside to its rightful place. when he got back inside, he swept the floor and made his bed. when he was finished, his mother had already left for work and his younger brother was out with a few of his friends.

jungkook closed the door to his small bedroom, opening his laptop and loading all his photos from his camera onto it. he scrolled through each one, narrowing it down to the two best photos, which he planned to show taehyung the next time they met up. he sat in thought about what hair colors he would suggest for taehyung to do, one for winter, autumn, and summer. taehyung had already decided on silver, which jungkook would use for winter, and he though a burnt orange and maybe a bleached blonde would be nice for autumn and summer.

he would ultimately leave the decision up to taehyung because of course it was his hair and it wasnt jungkooks place to tell him what to do, but since jungkook would be helping him, he though maybe bringing up suggestions wouldnt be so bad. when he received a text from taehyung, his heart pounded in his chest. he decided that it was just because the noise had startled him. hey! im planning on dying my hair silver tomorrow morning, sound okay? was what the text read, with a couple emojis attached to the end.

okay, just text me your address whenever and tell me what time you want me there! jungkook quickly wrote back, nodding to himself. he read it over a good three times before sending it. taehyung responded with his address and preferred time, jungkook confirming it right away and then it was set. jungkook felt an odd sense of happiness, he didnt have many friends and he hoped taehyung could become one of them, there was something about him that made jungkook drawn to him. he wondered if he could ask about his notebook and why he had never heard his voice.

...

a/n jungkooks already so whipped for taehyung i loVE it. (i hope you guys do too!)

lots of love, namjoon1994 !