chapter eleven

taehyung wiped a tear from the corner of his eye with a quick hand, as he continued to fold one of jungkooks shirts and place it in a suitcase. he was currently helping jungkook finish up his packing, all that was left now were his clothes. taehyung sadly helped drop the items of clothing into various bags, trying not to come off the way he was actually feeling. he recognized almost every item, each taking him back to a moment in time in which jungkook had worn it around him. jungkook decided to let taehyung keep one of his sweatshirts while he would be away, and taehyung had to physically keep himself from jumping with joy.

taehyung would tag along with jungkooks family when they drove to drop him off at the train station the next day, and with each passing second taehyung could feel his heart ripping in two. both sides of his torn heart belonged to jungkook, though. "and, we're done!" jungkook cheered as he folded the last pair of jeans, setting it into his suitcase before zipping the whole thing up. he seemed satisfied with their work, and decided he would take taehyung out today. "lets go see a movie, what do you think tae?" he asked, slipping into one of his coats.

taehyung nodded excitedly, he loved to watch movies. he especially loved it because he didnt have to try hard to interact with many people at once or watch the weird stares people gave him when he talked to jungkook through his notepad. so, jungkook tossed taehyung his jacket and watched him quickly slip into it before they were off, taehyung nodding to his mother who was in the kitchen to make sure she knew they would be out. the air outside was mildly chilly, but that just gave taehyung an excuse to hold jungkooks hand extra tight.

"i'll pay, tae." jungkook held out a hand just as taehyung reached for his wallet. taehyung just shook his head sternly and proceeded to pull it out, taking the money out and preparing to hand it to the boy behind the counter. jungkooks hand, of course, intercepted it, "stop, tae. im paying." jungkook told him, and taehyung knew that jungkook wouldnt give up so he did instead just this once, because he loved to see the happy little grin that spread across jungkooks face when he knew he could pay for something that made taehyung happy.

they watched some cheesy romance film, one that neither taehyung nor jungkook were really much into but they liked to just spend quality time together so it was nice anyway. jungkook reached for taehyungs hand before the film even began, and didnt let go until he absolutely had to because they had to exit the theater. "that was nice." jungkook sighed as they walked back outside, inhaling the fresh air deeply. taehyung nodded in agreement, a warm smile filling his face. jungkooks heart beat loudly in his chest like a bird trapped in a cage.

on their walk back home, they ran into jimin, who greeted them warmly just like always. "damn, dude, you look at my best friend like you want to hold him in your arms and never let him escape. but- like- more loving, you know?" jimin muttered jokingly to jungkook as taehyung was distracted by some wildflowers growing on the side of the road. jungkooks face immediately heated up, "i guess thats pretty accurate." he chuckled, embarrassed that jimin could tell just how much he liked taehyung just from his expression.

"just- take good care of him, alright? hes one of the best people around." jimin said, this time more seriously. jungkook nodded immediately, "dont worry, i will." he said firmly, jimin watching him with satisfied eyes. jimin nodded once, before bidding them both a short goodbye and ruffling taehyungs hair, jogging off in the direction of his home. of course jungkook would take care of taehyung with every bit of his being, but he was glad that taehyung had jimin to look after him while he couldnt, it gave him some reassurance that taehyung would be okay while he was gone. jungkook just hoped that he himself could survive the time without his wild haired boy.

...

a/n om G theres only like 1 or 2 more chapters and then maybe some sort of epilogue before this is finished,, i'll miss it awh

lots of love, namjoon1994 !