chapter four

it would be a full week and a half before jungkook saw taehyung again, and he didnt realize just how much he would miss his bright hair and warm eyes. they texted here and there, but it wasnt the same as actually seeing taehyung. how about doing my hair again today? sound good? jungkook had never been so happy when reading over a text. jungkook didnt even ask this time before heading over to taehyungs place, but not before informing his mother and grabbing his camera, of course.

when he arrived, taehyung opened the door this time instead of his younger sister, a warm smile already set onto his face. he let jungkook step in, not even writing anything before starting up the stairs. when they got to taehyungs room, there were two boxes of dye instead of one. before jungkook got a chance to ask, taehyung was already writing an explanation down. i couldnt decide on which one to do for autumn, so i picked up these two. what do you think? is what he wrote to show to jungkook.

taehyung held the boxes out in front of them, waiting for jungkook to say something. jungkook tried to push the questions about taehyungs voice away from his mind. there were two colors, rusty orange and maroon red, both of which represented autumn well. instead of thinking about which one would suit the season, jungkook thought about which one would suit taehyung instead. he decided on rusted orange. taehyung smiled and nodded. good choice! he wrote, before quickly showing it to jungkook and going on to begin the rather long process of hair dying.

when it was finished, jungkook had to refrain from telling taehyung that he looked hot. because, well, he kinda did. the color looked even better on taehyung than jungkook had originally thought, and he started to snap photos of him without even beginning to think about what the background should be. it ended up just being taehyungs bedroom, but jungkook thought it actually turned out quite well. taehyung agreed and nodded his head quickly as jungkook went thought the photos with him. jungkook decided that he really liked making taehyung smile.

summer was the last season on the agenda, and jungkook found himself wishing that there were more than just four. he was afraid that when this was finished, his friendship with taehyung would be too. he really hoped that wasnt the case. "taehyung, do you think we'll still hang out after the project is over?" jungkook asked gently as they lay sprawled out on taehyungs bed, staring up at the ceiling in comfortable silence. it was late now, and jungkooks mother was probably beyond angry but he didnt really care right now. all he cared about was being with taehyung, and listening to his soft breathing.

taehyung sat up and reached for his notebook that was on his bedside table, writing something down with slow, careful marks. i hope so. i really like you, jungkook. jungkook read on the paper, looking up to see taehyungs cheeks flush into a deep red color. jungkook smiled lightly, admiring the way taehyungs eyelashes curled up at the end. they both lay back down in silence, and jungkook cautiously took taehyungs hand in his own, eventually willing himself to lace their fingers together. neither of them said another word.

the next morning, jungkook woke up to the horrifying realization that he had accidentally fallen asleep at taehyungs house. jungkook shot up and grabbed his camera, rushing to write taehyung a quick note in his notebook for when he eventually woke up. jungkook took one last fond look at taehyungs sleeping figure before bolting out the door. jungkooks brother was taking out the garbage when he got home. "moms going to kill you, you know? im not joking." his brother said to him, using his finger to pretend he was slicing his throat. jungkook silently prayed for himself.

well, jungkooks brother had been wrong, she didnt kill jungkook. it had been close to it, yelling and screaming and smacking him upside the head multiple times but at least she didnt legitimately kill him off. jungkook apologized multiple times and promised to clean up the bathroom today too, which he never did, and his mother eventually let him off the hook, but not without warning him that if he ever did such a thing again it would lead to his demise. jungkook knew she was joking but he almost believed her for a second.

when taehyung woke up, he immediately reached for his notebook and found a note written in jungkooks slightly slanted handwriting. my mom will literally kill me for spending the night with you, but i dont care. i had a really great time. and taehyung smiled so widely his face began to hurt.

...

a/n they're basically boyfriends already gOD DAMN (IM THINKING OF MAYBE DOING A CHARACTER Q&A??? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?)

lots of love, namjoon1994 !