chapter twelve

"im so glad you've found such a nice boy, jungkook." jungkooks mother smiled widely as both boys got seated inside her car, jungkooks younger brother in the front beside her while taehyung and jungkook sat together in the back. "omma!" jungkook whined shyly, shaking his head in embarrassment and avoiding taehyungs gaze. taehyung tried to hide the happiness it gave him to know that jungkooks mother actually liked him by grabbing jungkooks hand and holding it tightly in his own.

you're going to do great! dont worry! taehyung scribbled down and showed to a nervous looking jungkook, who visibly relaxed as he read the words over. he was supremely nervous to head to university today, and all by himself for that matter. taehyung had offered to go with him and then just ride home alone on the train but jungkook didnt want taehyung riding home by himself by any means, so he just decided it was best to do it this way. it would make it alot harder to see taehyung go if he came with, anyway. he would probably try and beg him to stay just a little while longer.

the car ride is a particularly chatty one, jungkooks mother asking questions left and right that jungkook had to answer on taehyungs behalf, and jungkooks younger brother blasting music into his headphones so loud that it was extremely easy for all of them to hear. jungkook appreciated it in a way, though, because it kept his mind away from sad thoughts. taehyung was originally worried about having to ride back home alone with jungkooks family, but jungkook made sure to tell his mother and brother that taehyung didnt actually talk, so dont really ask him anything unless he could use signals to answer.

it was rather early in the morning, the wind blowing enough for taehyungs fading hair to immediately fall into his face the moment they got out of the car at the station. they spent the remaining half an hour before jungkooks train arrived just sitting on a bench together, jungkooks mother politely buying them all some snacks from a nearby vending machine. "i'll miss you, tae. so much." jungkook mumbled into taehyungs shoulder, with only five minutes left before his train was to arrive. taehyung shifted and pulled out his phone in place of his notebook. i'll miss you more, loser. he wrote down, smiling as jungkook read it over.

jungkooks train arrived much to quickly for taehyungs liking, though it was exactly on time. the moment it stopped they all stood up, jungkooks mother hurrying to carry his bags on board for him. "i'll make sure to call really often, i promise." jungkook mumbled affectionately to his brother as he hugged him tightly, ruffling his hair afterward. without another word he pulled taehyung into a bone crushing hug, and taehyung swore he could feel tears staining his shirt as jungkooks face pressed against it. "we'll be fine, okay? we'll talk all the time, tae, dont worry. i'll see you soon." jungkook said to taehyung, his voice shaky.

taehyung nodded, holding his own tears back. okay. i'll see you soon. taehyung mouthed out slowly to jungkook who smiled sadly at him. suddenly the train whistle went off, jungkooks queue to get going. he bid goodbye to his mother before heading for the train, looking back briefly as he did so and waving goodbye to all of the people that he loved most in the world. just as jungkook was about to step onto the train, taehyung and him locked eyes from afar and taehyungs heart is beating loudly and shit, taehyung thinks to himself and everything is happening so fast and-

"jungkook- wait- i- i love you!"

...

a/n so,, yeah. thats basically the end of the story !! i hope you all enjoyed it as much as i did, and i will probably be putting out an epilogue soon unless i decide to write a sequel, in that case i will definitely let you guys know! thank you babes!

lots of love, namjoon1994 !