chapter six

when jungkook turned in his assignment to his photography teacher, he told him that his was the best project he had seen in years. jungkook told him it was all thanks to that boy in his photos. jungkook was more than happy that he had said that, now maybe he could convince his mother to let him go to college for photography. jungkook had secretly applied to two schools of his choice (but not his top pick), and today he had gotten two rejection letters in the mail from both them. taehyung was over at his place when jungkook received them in the mail.

what is it? taehyung wrote on his paper and showed to jungkook. jungkook sighed, a glint of disappointment in his eyes. "its two rejection letters from colleges, tae." he explained, trying his best to keep his voice down so his mother wouldnt overhear. taehyung immediately let go of his notebook and pencil and pulled jungkook in for a tight hug. then, instead of writing it down, taehyung mouthed out the words don't worry, I'm still proud of you. making jungkooks cheeks tint pink. taehyung didnt mention that he hadnt even applied to any.

it would be a week before jungkook planned to finally apply to his top college. taehyung pretended it didnt hurt. with all this talk of jungkook going away, taehyung decided now was the time to explain. i think im ready to tell you why i dont speak. he wrote down, angling it jungkooks way so he could read it. jungkook nodded slowly, "okay. are you sure?" he said, watching cautiously as taehyung sent him a nod of confirmation.

as taehyung took his time writing it all down, jungkook sat beside him, fiddling aimlessly with a string hanging off of taehyungs shirt. eventually, taehyung placed the notebook carefully into jungkooks lap, before he laid back on jungkooks bed and closed his eyes. jungkook looked at taehyungs pretty fae one more before beginning to read. okay, so, i guess this will explain everything there is to know about the reason i dont talk anymore. im slightly bad at explaining things so please bare with me.

it all began when i started middle school. i guess i didnt look a certain way and act a certain way, just something to make people dislike me. they used to beat me up in between classes, make up rumors about me, call me horrible names to my face, everything. at first, i fought back. i used to yell and scream, all while crying my eyes out because the words really did hurt me. i soon realized that retaliating was making the situation worse, so i shut my mouth. i screwed my lips shut and didnt dare utter another sound, and eventually the bullying stopped. in fear of it ever coming back, i just never opened my mouth again. its just easier.

when he was done reading, jungkook stared ahead of him in thought for what seemed like hours. when he finally got a hold of himself, he yanked taehyung upright and pulled him in for a bone crushing hug, his face rammed into the crook of taehyungs tan neck. "im so sorry. i shouldnt have asked, it was terrible of me." jungkook whispered to taehyung, shaking his head slightly. taehyung pulled away, furrowing his eyebrows.

he reached for his notepad, quickly joting down some words. i wanted to tell you. is what it said, making jungkook feel infinitely better. jungkook didnt know if it was a sudden burst of confidence in him or just the fact that taehyung was right in front of him, but he finally built up the courage to ask him something. "do you- do you want to grab lunch together sometime?" jungkook blurted out, instantly regretting his words with further realization that he didnt even know if taehyung was into guys or not. it was just supposed to be a normal hang out, but it felt different this time.

taehyung watched jungkook nervously blabber about his word vomit, before grabbing onto his clammy hands with his larger ones. i would love to. he then wrote, shoving it into jungkooks worried fingers. the embarrassment seemed to drain from jungkooks face as he read it over, sighing in relief. jungkook muttered something under his breath, something along the lines of "thank god" and "im so fucking awkward", sending taehyung into a large fit of laughter. jungkook had never heard taehyungs voice, but he has heard his laughter, and he swears its the most beautiful thing he has ever heard.

...

a/n thIS IS GOING TO END (fairly) SOON )): (bbs being all cute and gay has me deAD)

lots of love, namjoon1994 !