Chapter Five

Isaac kept his blue eyes trained on the forest floor for the entire, not looking up for anything less than murder as he avoided Murphy strategically, always keeping four paces ahead of him, always three paces to the side, always checking to make the others weren't completely out of sight. His mind wouldn't shut up with all of the possibilities of what could happen; he shuddered as he thought of them, of how if he wanted Murphy could strangle Isaac to death or beat him or worse and the other boy wouldn't be able to do anything about it simply because he was weak and afraid and hated conflict. 

"So you really like that wristband, huh?" Murphy's sly voice echoed in his ears, Isaac's shoulder tensing as he tried to ignore it. The other boy scoffed, jogging for a second so he could catch up with Isaac. "Oh come on, don't tell me you're ignoring me." Isaac remained silent, and Murphy rolled his eyes. "Now that's just pathetic," he whined in a bored tone, and Isaac allowed his gaze to come off the ground long enough to catch the sly expression on Murphy's face, one which made him extremely uncomfortable.

"I'd rather you step away," Isaac muttered, eye cautiously the arm the was dangerously close to bumping against him. The fact that Murphy -that anyone- was this physically close to him was something he really didn't like; the fact the it was someone who creeped him out severely just happened to make it even more nerve-racking. 

"Are you sure about that?" Murphy asked, the other boy not missing the suggestive tone hidden behind his words. He almost paused in his stride as he took a extra large step to the side, peering over at Murphy.

"What do you mean?" he asked nervously. 

The other boy rolled his eyes with a smirk, taking a step closer. "Don't thing I didn't see you checking out Bellamy," he smirked, before gesturing towards his own body as if assuming the same about himself.

Isaac's ears tinged a bright red as he looked away from the boy next to him. "You..." he trailed off, seemingly as a loos for words. "You're not my type." 

Murphy raised his eyebrows, taking a step closer and watching in amusement as Isaac back away again, straight into a tree. Another step closer and they were far too close for comfort. "Oh, really?" he asked smugly, finding amusement in the scared look on Isaac's face. "You want to know what I think? I think I'm everyone's type, Curly," he flicked the name off of his tongue swiftly, raising his eyebrows at Isaac who was trying very, very hard not to start hyperventilating. His eyes were wide as he stared at Murphy, who had been doing nothing but staring at his eyes for more than a minute.

In a small voice, Isaac pressed his lips together before speaking quietly, "Can you please back away?" he asked.

"Are you sure you want me to?" Murphy smirked when Isaac shifted uncomfortably, pressing himself into the tree even more. He nodded, turning his head to the side and pressing his cheek into the rough bark of the tree as Murphy came closer. He could feel the boy's breath on his face, his arms brushing his, the tip of his nose tickling the side of his cheek at the mean-looking boy leaned all the way past his face and put his mouth just next to his ear. He smirked as he could feel Isaac trembling underneath him, knowing that he was succeeding. "Okay, Curly," he sighed quietly, making extra certain to brush his lips against his ear, earning a squeak from the other boy. As soon as Murphy leaned away, he took careful note of the terrified expression written across Isaac's face, the way he was not flushing but instead as pale as a ghost, and looking down he noticed how his large hands were trembling before he shoved them into his coat pockets and backed away cautiously, staring at Murphy as if he thought he would kill him. Which was reasonable to assume, considering the way he had been acting towards him. 

"We should- we should find Clarke," Isaac stuttered, tripping over his words as he tried to regain himself, stepping a good twenty feet away from Murphy before he began walking again.