Chapter Eleven

Both Isaac and Clarke stared in complete and utter shock at the two teens locked in embrace. Raven's hands were running through Finn's hair, her thin fingers pulling back every one in a while to grip his cheeks roughly. Finn's palm resting on her torso, one of them curled around her hip while the other was behind her, pressed against her lower back. Their lips moved together ferociously, and Isaac couldn't help the jealous flash behind his eyes as he imagined Finn doing the same thing with Clarke just last night. 

Clarke. The name was the only clarity in his hazy mind, snapping him out of his confused thoughts. Isaac blinked at the couple before his head swiveled to the side and he looked to Clarke. Her face was stricken with shock, the bag she had been holding in her hands dropped to the ground and resting by her feet. He could tell that she was a few wrong moves away from crying. Hesitantly, Isaac took a step closer to her, leaning to the side a bit as his arm wrapped around her shoulders in an attempt to comfort her. He hardly payed attention the fact the he was touching her -instead he only took notice in the way that Clarke herself shuddered at the contact. At first he thought it was because she was bothered by it and made to pull away, but then her arm went around his waist and her head leaned against the side of his chest and his chin was resting on top of her head and Isaac stared down at her with as many emotions in his eyes that she held in hers. 

The pair waited for a few moments as the couple in front of them finally broke apart, resting their foreheads together. The pain of it all came back and hit Clarke straight in the chest, sending her leaning further into Isaac. Neither of them missed the glare sent towards the taller boy by Finn, which both fair-haired teens thought was unfair. He was a cheater and was with another girl -he didn't have the right to be jealous. Well, that's what Isaac was thinking. Clarke was still shocked, barely thinking about the relationship (except there really wasn't one, and at this point Finn really didn't have anything to be jealous of). 

Clarke's quivering hand came up and in he desperate search for comfort, he fingers found Isaac's hand and wrapped them together. The curly haired boy glanced down at their tangled fingers in shock, his eyes ever so slightly wider than normal before he tried to steel himself and look back to Finn and this Raven girl. He could vaguely remember seeing her around a few time at the Exchange, but he barely remembered her -which meant zero chances at being recognized. 

"I thought I would never see you again," Finn admitted, gazing at the girl in front of him. It seemed genuine enough. But Isaac could sense the urgent undertones within the sentence. Finn wasn't speaking to Raven. On the outside he was, but really his words were directed towards the blonde girl huddled into Isaac's side. He was making excuses now. "How did you get here?" 

Raven was still running her hands along Finn's arms, the two gripping each other tightly. Isaac noticed the look in Finn's eyes as he asked the question. It wasn't surprised, at least, not the good kind. He certainly wasn't allowing himself to be happy about the reunion. More so, he looked fearful. A bit panicked, maybe. Definitely secretive as he looked over towards the other two teens again. "You know that big scrap hold, the one on K deck?" Raven asked him, regaining his attention. 

His nervousness was suddenly replaced with admiration and (just now) pleasant surprise. "You built that from scratch?" he asked, impressed. Isaac refused to acknowledge the same feeling forming in the back of his mind. Both of the teens were responsible for the horrible feelings coursing through Clarke at the moment. Therefore, he was ignoring all positive emotions towards them. 

"More like rebuilt it," Raven chuckled. At the look of awe on Finn's face, she scoffed. "Aw, come on. Like that's hard. It just needed a couple of parts and some love." 

"You're insane."

"I'd do more for you," Rave admitted, leaning onto the balls of her feet so she appeared taller, grinning at Finn confidently. "And worse." He grin was almost a smirk now. "Just like you would for me." Finn's body twitched as he almost turned to look at Clarke; Isaac's grip on her hand tightened just a bit and suddenly he realized (the full force of what was happening hadn't really hit him yet through all the shock) that he was really holding her hand. Fingers locked together, arms twisted around each other like ribbons, side knocking against side. A light pink dusted his cheeks as he felt the back of his neck heat up, and suddenly his hands seemed a lot more slippery than they had been before. Clarke noticed the clamminess of his hands but said nothing, instead simply pulling away discreetly, mistaking his nervous excitement for discomfort.