Chapter Ten

By the time everyone else was up, Isaac hadn't gotten any sleep. He had finished his box a along time ago, but he hadn't been able to sleep, instead lying down, tossing and turning restlessly while staring at the ceiling of his tent for hours. That is, until, early, early that morning, probably around two or three, the ground shook like a bomb had gone off and everyone was outside. Isaac pushed himself and padded out of his tent, glancing around to see most everyone outside. 

"Bellamy, get out here!" Octavia yelled for her brother. Soon, the man in question was ducking out from under his tent flap, completely shirtless. Isaac's eyes widened and he flushed, looking away towards where everyone else was staring as Bellamy made his way over to where he was standing. 

"They're coming to help us!" someone cheered. "Now we can kick some grounder ass!"

Isaac eyed the boy who had shouted as another girl, completely naked except for the blanket around her, stared up at the sky. "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." Isaac grimaced as he realized what exactly had kept Bellamy from coming out right away.

Bellamy stayed silent, and Isaac glanced at him briefly to notice that nervous look on his face. He wondered; why would Bellamy seem bothered by the fact that they Ark was sending people down? If it was simply because he didn't want his reign to end, Isaac doubted that would be the issue considering that the delinquents seemed to like following his lead and would most likely just continue doing so, even with Ark officials on the ground. 

Bellamy looked towards him, catching Isaac staring. He raised his eyebrows at the boy but said nothing else, instead pointing to a tent near the drop ship which was the designated 'meeting tent'. Isaac grimaced, jogging towards the tent. "Isaac!" someone called, and the boy turned to see Octavia coming towards him. He stopped to wait for her, a small smile on his face at the sight of his friend. 

"Hello," he greeted her, a bit formally, and Octavia raised her eyebrows at him.

"Hey," she said. "Have you seen Clarke or Finn?" she asked, seeming worried. 

Isaac opened his mouth, frowning at the ground as soon as the question was asked. "Are -are they not in camp?" he asked nervously.

Octavia shook her head. "No one can find them," she told him. 

Isaac only needed to think for a moment before his brain came to an answer. "I think I might know where they are," he grumbled, Octavia noticing how bothered he had become. 

Hesitantly, she asked him, "Do you think you could go and find them?" she asked. "I want them to come along to the pod with us."

The curly haired boy nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets as he turned away. "Yeah, no I can do that," he sighed, making to start walking when Octavia stopped him. 

She looked at him for a moment before a tiny smile began to play at her lips. "You like her, don't you?" she asked.

Isaac cleared his throat, shaking his head. "I don't know who you're talking about," he muttered, trying to walk past her. Octavia stopped him again.

"You know damn well who I'm talking about," she told him. "Clarke, Isaac." Isaac began to blush, looking away in a sad attempt to hide it from the girl in front of him. He ignored the pain in his neck as he did so, biting the inside of his lower lip out of nerves. Octavia smirked triumphantly. "I knew it," she giggled. 

Isaac furrowed his eyebrows, hunching his shoulders a bit as he glanced at her. "Yeah, well, there's nothing that's going to come out of it."

"What do you mean?"

Isaac scoffed. "If you noticed me, then you certainly have noticed that Clarke and Finn have undeniable chemistry. Or they seem to think so, at least."