Peahen -39-

⚠️ATTENTION: EMILY--Last year you met a young lady who hails from Bulgaria by the name of  SHAY. The two of you unfortunately lost contact due to her having family issues. She has been trying to locate you as she would very much like to reopen the lines of communication. She asked me to tell you that you can still reach her on Omegle at the usual time you used to chat with your tag :-)

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

When sleep laden eyes opened and looked toward the bedside clock the owner of those eyes was quite pleased to notice the time, which assured them they could return to snooze land a little while longer. However, that pleasure was short lived when those eyes next noticed the space beside her was empty. A hand crawling up the sheet she felt the area. Cool to the touch, which meant her bedmate hadn't taken a quick trip to the bathroom in order to relieve her bladder.

A faint noise prompted her to raise her head, a scowl settling on her face as she spotted her roommate slipping on a jacket. "Peacock, what are you doing up and dressed already?"

Robyn's eyes met hers as she zipped up her jacket. "Peahen."

"Huh?"

"Technically, peacocks are males while the female birds are called peahens."

Joanne attempted dispelling the sleep fog by sitting up and shaking her head. Two fingers rubbing the sleep from her eyes a yawn leaked through. "Interesting. Thought peacocks could be male or female. How'd you know that?"

"I dunno." Robyn shrugged. "Read it somewhere. Maybe an encyclopedia" School supplies grabbed she encouraged Joanne to go back to sleep and took one step toward the door when questioned concerning her whereabouts. "Going to see Ellie so I'll meet up with you at school."

"Thought Ellie said she wasn't going to school today when she called you yesterday evening?"

"She did, but I just want...I need to see her."

"That can't wait until we put our plan together to get she and Cara in the same place so we can all talk?"

Robyn shook her head. "Have to go now." She hadn't sleep much. Since she and Joanne slept in the same bed she tried her best to keep the tossing and turning to a minimum while countless thoughts of her best friend kept roaming through her brain when awake and dreams during spurts of sleep. Around five in the morning Robyn decided she had to speak with Ellie before going to school, one knot in her stomach dissolving after the decision was made.

"Okay." Joanne stifled the next yawn. "Give me a few minutes to get ready." She was about to stand up when Robyn told her not to.

"Get back in bed and I'll see you at school later." Since she could tell Joanne was on the verge of arguing she walked up to her and planted a kiss on parted lips. "If you get back in bed now I'll give you another and longer one of those during or after school." If anxiousness weren't at a high level Robyn might have chuckled in response to how swiftly her friend slipped under the covers. The lamp turned off she leaned over to kiss her forehead. "Sweet dreams, Jo."

"See you and your lips later, Peahen."

##########

Heart pumping more energetically than usual, Robyn walked up to the Temple doorstep and rang the bell. Hands shoved into her pockets she looked toward the driveway and curb noticing Jeff's car was missing. Though finding that strange since he didn't usually leave for work so early she was relieved. A lack of Jeff's car meant she wouldn't be subjected to Jeff's smarmy face. Plus there was that whole issue with her threatening to beat him, which could make coming face to face tense.