Part 2

Regina's back was placed tightly against Emma's chest, her brunette hair cascading down her shoulders, everything was perfect, calm, and for once at peace. That was until five seconds later the treacherous sound of their newborn daughter in the other room sent both of the women waking up abruptly. Regina groaned and then threw her head back, "your turn" she mumbled laying back down. "No I did it last time" Emma whined back looking to her wife, when she got no response Emma figured that Regina was either ignoring her or fell asleep. Emma cursed under her breath and hovered over her, "Regina?" she asked poking her back. "Regina" she spoke again slightly louder and continued to poke Regina. When the brunette didn't respond Emma gave up and threw the covers off of her and walked to their child's room. Within in minutes Emma's beautiful song had quieted the baby's cries and she was back asleep. "Thank you kid for falling asleep" Emma said sending a quick prayer to any and every God she could think of. With a soft touch she laid the small child down and walked away slowly making sure not to wake her. She softly closed the door and turned around expecting to see the closed door to her wife's room like she had left it but was startled when she saw Regina herself leaning against the door frame. "You sing beautifully" the brunette smiled, Emma blushed lightly 'I thought you were asleep" she said arching her brow. Regina just laughed "No I was awake the whole time" she said laughing quietly and pulling Emma in kissing her lips sweetly. "You sang the song that we played at our wedding" Regina smiled and looked up to Emma, "it's my favorite song" the blonde whispered back and took Regina's hand to go back to sleep.

"I love you" Regina smiled "I love you too my Emma"