Part 7

As Regina and the Queens of Darkness made their way into the heart of Storybrooke, Regina felt increasingly nauseous.

"Do lighten up, Regina darling," Cruella said. "Only the good get nervous."

"What are we doing, exactly?" Regina asked, keeping her voice as flat and uninterested as possible.

"We're going to have some fun," Maleficent drawled. The Dragon Queen exchanged a look with Cruella and giggled, while Ursula smiled a wicked grin and kept her foot surely on the gas pedal. Regina's sick feeling only increased.

If they won't tell me what we're going to do, then it must be bad, she thought. They became more alert and less talkative as the four of them pulled onto Main Street in downtown Storybrooke.

"Keep your eyes peeled for her," Ursula said, slowing right down to a crawl as they passed by busy stores and restaurants.

"For who? Another one of your evil tea party friends?" Regina asked, sarcasm dripping from her mouth.

Cruella gave her a look from ice-cold blue eyes and no one answered her. As they neared the end of the street, Regina's stomach relaxed a little. Maybe their person wasn't there.

And then what?

As she struggled to hide her relief, Maleficent straightened in her seat and pointed straight to the front door of Granny's Diner.

"There she is," she said. Regina peered over Maleficent's fedora and her heart sunk as she saw the only people she wished were somewhere else entirely.

Emma, walking Henry out of the restaurant with her arm wrapped around his shoulder. The blonde haired woman was smiling, her defenses down and her posture relaxed, enjoying spending some of the limited free-time she had with her son.

"What are you—?" She broke off as she saw the pistol Ursula pulled out of her coat pocket. "You've got to be kidding me! You're going to shoot the Savior? In the middle of town in broad daylight? You're asking for Snow White and Charming to kill you on the spot!"

"Oh, it's not going to be us, dear," Maleficent said, taking the pistol from Ursula's outstretched hand. She twirled it once and held it out to Regina. "You are."

Shock made Regina's mouth dry. She swallowed and forced herself to take the gun.

"Good!" Cruella purred.

"It's a silver bullet," Ursula explained. "It's been enchanted so that no magic can heal what it has done. Upon impact, the bullet will shatter into many little pieces, which will make extracting it very painful for Miss Swan, and very difficult for any normal doctor to remove all the pieces."

"Shoot her right in the heart, Gina," Maleficent goaded. "Or better yet, the lung. Make her suffer, make it last a long time."

Ursula pushed a button and the window beside Regina rolled down. The black haired woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had done her fair share of killing, and at times she wanted nothing more than for Emma Swan to be finished of for good. But that was in her early days. Now she only wanted for her son to be happy. And plus, Emma had grown on her to become a sort-of friend. She steeled her resolve and was ready to shoot, when Ursula sighed.

"Oh for Christ's sake, Regina! You're too slow!" She poofed the gun out of Regina's hands back into her own and rolled down her window. Regina couldn't take this anymore and poofed herself out of the car to the end of the street. And she ran as fast as her killer black heels would let her, headed straight for Emma.

She was about to call the blonde's name, when Ursula honked the car horn.

"Hey Swan!" The dark skinned woman called out, "Say goodbye!"