Chapter 9- Normally Undercover

"Finally, we're here! ...Wiremilion City!" Diamond shouts, holding her arms out wide and looking at the town.
"No more woods!"

We all cheer, even the Team Cere Grunts who are with us.

"Azura," Growls one of the Cere boys. "We can't stay with the enemy forever. If Neura finds out, she will have Espeon...." He shudders at the thought. Azura nods thoughtfully and looks back at me.

"I'll see you again soon, Blackthorn. Really." And then they run off into the city, leaving me with the ghost of a smile on my face. "And next time, I won't have mercy on you."

Team Rogue and Team Doom all look to me.

"What was that all about?" Asks Lilac snidely. Back to square one, or so it seems.

I look at my nails, annoyed by her tone. "New rival. She's very strong..." That does the trick. Lilac flushes bright red, grabs the arms of the Team Doom members nearest to her, and stalks into the city.

Red glances at me and smiles before he leaves, but Silver just scoffs. Gold and Diamond seem to be a little less tense, too...

"Oh my Arceus! Guys!" Cobalt exclaims, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Lynn and Green! What if they're hurt!"

I gasp. He's right, we have no idea what's become of them. I look to the rest of the group. Cobalt looks worried, Diamond shocked, and Garnet critical.

"Didn't you find her? I assumed that was why you stayed behind," He glares at me.

"Garnet, I was fighting the damn Steelix so that you all could get away. It's not my fault Red found me in the woods," I retort, flipping my hair over my shoulder and walking into the city. Arcanine and Umbreon, who are still out of their Pokéballs and, until this moment, were blissfully smelling all the flowers on the edge of the woods, dash after me.

"So then he sticks out his hand and says, 'Can't we just get over whatever it was that happened in Hoenn?' And like...I don't know. I wanted to be over it, so..." My voice trails off as I recount the tale of the woods to Diamond, whose eyes are round as saucers. At our feet, Glaceon and Umbreon are sitting, occasionally giving each other a sniff.

"Don't tell me you took his hand!" Diamond looks at me with wide eyes.

I glance at the ground, unsure now. "What else could I have done? And now Garnet's mad..."

She sighs, and the bench we are sitting on suddenly feels a thousand times bigger. It's funny- even when I am with my best friend, I still manage to feel alone.

"He's just being selfish, then. He should put your happiness before his jealousy!" My blue eyed friend states. "You should tell him when he comes back outside."

"Tell him what?" Her suggestion takes me aback. Me, spill all my feelings to Garnet? No way. I don't like analyzing myself at the best of times, and I want Garnet to continue to think of me as an enigma. Although, I'm not sure that was ever the case. To the rest of Team Rogue, I must look like an impulsive control freak.

"That he's being stupid!" Diamond says as though it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, come on," I nudge her. "Knowing Garnet, he'll apologize before I even have the chance to see if my phone's done charging. Hey, speaking of which-" I get to my feet and stretch my muscular arms. Diamond stands as well, gathering up her backpack and Glaceon.

We walk inside the Pokémon center we were sitting outside of to check my phone for a text from Lynn or Green. They should be in this town, unless they stayed in the woods overnight doing Arceus knows what.