Chapter 2-Of Rogues And Doom

My heart is frozen in time. It's him! The man from my nightmare!

I step back a little bit in surprise, and I see his eyes widen behind his shades as he gazes at me. I stare him in the eyes as best as I can, determining three emotions.

Shock? Discomfort? And...eagerness?

I don't have long to look him over before one bullheaded Red steps in front of me and grabs his hand for a handshake. I can tell by the man's face that Red is crushing his hand as he introduces himself, so I push Red out of the way and make my grand entrance, lightly yet firmly grasping his hand.

"Amethyst Blackthorn," I say in a tempered voice.

"Oliver." He replies, looking relieved.

I then realize just how long I've been standing there and release his hand, and both of us look at the floor as I step back to Diamond.

The rest of the group takes after me and introduces themselves, and I can see Diamond fighting to hold back screams of, "He's real!"

"Uh, you guys are a bit early, no idea if y'all can come in-" Oliver is interrupted by another...familiar voice.

"Oh! My guests are here! My guests are here! Tell the servants to get the Charmander to heat up the spa! Get the Blastoise to fill up the pool! Get the cooks to bring out the food! My guests are here!"

The green haired William himself pulls me inside. Right now, I'm sure both Diamomd and I are in shock about how real this dream is becoming in front of our eyes. I can feel my heart pounding behind my rib cage and I'm one moment away from gasping for air.

William pops a violet lei flower necklace around my neck, and everyone else in the group gets one too.

"Let out your Pokémon to have fun with you!" He urges.

I bite my lip in suspicion. No. Don't be crazy. Just a dream. First, out pops Arcanine. Then, Swampert, Scizor, Gardevoir, Salamence, and Umbreon, who leaps up onto my shoulders.

William claps his hands. "Oooh! Marvelous!" He flings another lei around my neck and darts off.

I share a glance with Scizor beside me, and he crosses his arms with a "Sci!"

I shakily smile at him and beckon for my Pokémon to follow me out to the pool, praying to curb my panic, which they do. The pool is huge, with an infinity spa and waterfalls and everything. The water is crystal clear, and the pool is shaded so no one will get sunburned. I can't resist.

I take off my coverup and leap right in, savoring the cool water on my body. The pool is a relief from stress, so cool and beautiful and I don't have to think about anything anymore because I'm so-

Alone. I was about to say alone. 

"Oh. Sorry." Diamond says abruptly as she bumps into Oliver. Both of them have just come out. I groan.

He grips her shoulder to steady her, and I find myself starting to sweat a tiny bit. If my face wasn't soaking wet, you'd be able to tell.

This is really awkward.

Oliver smiles at her, then turns back to the pool, which I am obviously in right now. Diamond dashes past him and jumps into the shallow end, causing a needlessly huge splash to drench Gardevoir and Scizor as well as Salamence as they lay on pool chairs.

Diamond glances at me with wide eyes and I stare back. Her face is red from her encounter with Oliver.

Speaking of Oliver, he steps into the pool too. Fuck, I have to say something. Diamond is quite literally blowing bubbles to herself beside me.