Chapter 10- Like A Horror Film

"20 minutes?! Bring a dress? Gracefully?!?!" I splutter, looking down at the letter. This just goes to show the great lengths to which William will go to embarrass us, doesn't it?

"This will be fun." Fen sucks in a big breath behind me. Diamond peeks over my shoulder fretfully.

"We're going to look hideous!"

Cobalt snorts. "You could never look hideous, Diamond." I can feel everyone roll their eyes.

"I don't think you understand!" Lynn says, shoving her way to the front and snatching the note from me. "Can you read? 'I will gracefully supply you one.' William. Our mortal enemy. Giving us dresses. I bet you my boobs are going to be practically falling out of the thing."

"And again with that 'No sooner, no later' bullshit!" Garnet cuts in, rolling his eyes. "We'd better get going."

I look outside. The sun is beginning to set, casting the room with a red glow. It looks eerie, casting long shadows across the gym.

"We're coming too." Says Fen, power walking past me. I cringe. I also can't help but wordlessly accept his self-invitation.

Team Rogue and those select members of the Resistance, Lyra, Copper, Harper, and a brown-haired girl whose name I never caught, all walk wordlessly out of the gym. I'm sweating over the horrors that await me in whatever dress William has chosen for my humiliation.

"Here's the Convention Center!" Green says, flipping a map over. Ahead of us is the biggest building I've ever seen. Long white pillars surround it and the doors are as big as a Palkia.

I take a deep breath and push open the door.

Sooner than I expected, William and some of his gym leaders are upon us, shooing us into dressing rooms- girls in one, boys in the other. I have to slap away a silver haired boy whose hands were a little too grabby, and then I am in a tiny square room. A rack on the wall adjacent us holds the biggest monstrosities I have ever seen.

"This one's yours, Amethyst!" Shouts Diamond, who has already swooped upon them to find the hangers tagged with our names. She pulls out the dress that is apparently mine, and I gag. It's bright gaudy orange with a hoop skirt and sequins allllllll over. A bunch of ugly frills protrudes from where my boobs are gonna go.

"Oh, hell no," the words are out of Lynn's mouth before mine. I turn to see her holding a horrible rainbow striped dress that is obviously like 5 sizes too small.

I gingerly take mine and slip it on. It's the scratchiest thing I've ever worn, but it's at least better than Diamond's, a horrific zebra print dress.

"Let out Arcanine!" She says as she struggles to get it on over her head, laughing at me at the same time. "You two match!"

Rolling my eyes and holding back my opinion on her dress I let out my partner. He looks me up and down with a completely nauseated expression that tells me exactly what I need to know: I am a fashion failure. I can't believe William could be this evil.

Actually, yes I can.

"Uh, you guys?" Copper says from the corner. "He even has dresses for us." I turn and surely enough there are more dresses on the rack.

"It could be a trap!" A warning. It's all I can think of, but as soon as I see their dresses I know the game William is playing.

Copper, Lyra, Harper, and the other girl all hold gorgeous matching white dresses.

"Hold up, yours don't look like shit!" Lynn snaps. "Are you with the Resistance, or those Cere fucks?"

"The Resistance, green streak!" Harper hisses, her green eyes flashing as she brings back the old nickname. Lynn seems to swell in her fury, pale green eyes cutting deep into the redhead's dark ones. Swiftly, I move between them. It seems as though I'm the only one who knows what happened- Diamond, Copper and the other girl look confused too.