Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Juliet's pov:

I turned around to see an old man with black hair and green eyes. His features seemed familiar.

"Hello Peter." the witch said, smiling at him. There is this vibe about him that makes me feel like I've known him my entire life.

"Don't 'hello' me. Leave her alone," Peter said in an authoritive tone.

"She's a white witch!" The witch said.

"So what? You're going to kill her like what your mother did to Claire?" he said angrily.

Wait a second.. I've heard the name 'Claire' before.

"Claire! We are out of pampers and penelope stinks! I'm going to the grocery store to get pampers!"

"Okay! Are you taking penelope with you?"

"She stinks. No."

"Peter! She's your daughter!"

It suddenly hit me. Peter is my dad. And claire is my mother. This guy standing in front of me is my dad. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Dad?" I asked, shocked. "You remember me?" He asked, his face softening.

"Kind of.. where were you all my life? Why did you leave me? Are you that careless?" I asked, suddenly getting angry.

So I spent most of my life with adoptive parents when my real dad was out there living what I presume the perfect life. How dare he?! I feel so angry.

"I'll explain everything later," he said.

He better have a good reason for leaving me.

"We will meet again soon," the witch smirked, disappearing into thin air. What was that about?

"Explain everything," I said, folding my arms.

"It's a long story. And plus, You need to rest." He said. I didn't argue with him. I really do need to rest.

Me and Peter, my dad, started walking towards the nearest exit of the forest.

Oh Shit! I totally forgot about Trey! He must be freaking out right now..

"Uh um.. do you have a phone?" I asked awkwardly. "Yeah, why?" Dad asked.

"I need to call someone," I said. He handed me his phone and told me to hurry because his phone was out of charge. Laziness runs in our blood.

I dialed Trey's phone number, which he made me memorize when he rescued me back at the bar. Thank god he did or else I wouldn't know how to reach him.

"Who's this?" He answered in a cold, monotone voice which made my legs turn into jelly.

"It's juliet," I gulped.

"Where are you? You do know that I have been searching for you every fucking where, don't you?" he shouted into the speaker.

"Calm down. I'm fine. I'll tell you everything when I get back. Bye!" I said.

"How will you get back? Do you even know where the pack house is located? tell me where you are, I'm coming to pick you up." He said in a worried tone.

"Trey I'm fine, relax. I'll call you later." I said, ending the phone call. I didn't want to argue anymore.

"Who is Trey?" My dad asked.

"My boyfriend," I said. I wasn't ready to explain the 'mate' thing to him yet.

We rode a taxi to dad's house and turns out he was living in a mansion.

Why is a single man like my dad, living in a mansion?