Chapter 13

Chapter 3:

Juliet's pov:

I looked at the pictures on the wall in the mansion's main corridor. All of them consisted of my dad and a handsome guy who looked a year older than me.

"Who's that?" I asked my dad, pointing at the guy in one of the pictures.

"That's Derek."

"Who is Derek?"

"You're half brother."

um...

"I have a brother?"

"Yes. He's twenty." As I thought. He is two years older than me.

"if you're the dad, and my mom, Claire, is not his mom, then who's his mom?" I asked curiously.

"We'll talk about this later."

"No."

"Juliet.."

"Answer my question."

"It's a long story."

"I've got all day."

He sighed and started telling me about Derek's mom, Rosabelle. Rose for short.

He described her as the most beautiful woman he has ever met. She had ocean blue eyes, long golden locks of hair, plump lips, and a good heart.

"Then why did you leave her?" I blurted out.

"She.. She.." He was out to words. "Did she die?" I asked shamelessly.

"No, It's worse than that." He said. He didn't say anything after that.

"Dad?"

"Sorry. I got lost in my thoughts. So Rose started spending most of her time in the study room. She would skip dinners, family nights, and whenever I went inside the study room, she would hide the books she was reading. At first, it didn't make sense to me. Her absence most of the time, her weird actions, and mostly her looks. But then one day," he stopped and took a deep breath.

"She left the study room open, and left the house. I was very eager to know the reason behind her weird behavior. So I went through her stuff. And after what I witnessed, I couldn't believe my eyes."

"What did you see?" I asked.

"She was practicing witch craft! that was the reason behind her odd behavior. That was the reason behind everything she did back then!" Dad yelled.

I was out of words. I couldn't say anything. I didn't have anything to say.

"When she came back home," he continued, "She caught me red handed. She yelled at me for intruding her 'privacy'. She was so pissed, she even forgot the fact that I knew that she's practicing witch craft." Dad said.

"Poor Derek, he was only one at that time." Dad sighed.

"But I'm a witch too, so does that mean that I should practice that witch Shit? Does it mean that I'll turn out evil?" I asked worriedly.

"Juliet. You're a white witch. You're called that for a reason. You are born to protect people from normal witches. Your job in life is to protect humans and other people from the real witches who should be feared. They are are threat. But you're not. You have a good heart." Dad said.

And for once, I wanted to forgive dad. I wanted to justify his actions. I wanted to tell him how much I loved him and how much I struggled living without a father figure who would have loved and treated me fairly.

"So does Derek know about his mom? Like you know, her being a witch and stuff.." I asked.

"No. He's human." Dad said.

"So? you're human too." I questioned.

"My story is different," "I can't risk telling him." Dad said.

"Then what do you usually say when he asks about his mom?"

"I say that she's dead."

"And when he asks about the cause of her death?"

"Heart attack. Simple and easy to believe." Dad shrugged.

He looked hurt.

"Dad, you still love Rose, don't you?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Not until I met your mom, claire." He said.

"How did you meet her?"

"When Rose left me and Derek, I started smoking and drinking. I would leave Derek at the neighbor's house and go out with my friends." He let out a deep breath.

"One night, I had too much to drink and I passed out. When I woke up, I found myself at home. I lost memory of what happened that night. But then I slowly regained my memory. It was claire who got me a cab and saved my ass."

I laughed at his sense of humor. His way of telling stories is indeed interesting.

"I got claire's number from a hacker. I payed a shit ton of money to find her. And when I did, I couldn't be any happier."

"I took her out on dates, spent my nights talking to her on the phone, played with her golden hair, and told her about my problems," he paused.

"I fell in love with her."

"And then?" I asked.

Can you be any more impatient? Oh shut up brain.

"We got married and she became pregnant with you. It was like everything was perfect. My life was finally getting better. No more Rose, no more witch crap, no more drama.. But I was wrong. I was very wrong." He said.

"She gave birth to you a few months earlier than her due date. Six months earlier to be exact. And that's when she admitted to me that she is a witch-"

ring! ring! ring!

Dad's phone rang, interrupting him.

"Hello?" Dad said, positioning the phone near his ear.

He looked confused but then muttered something and told me that the phone call was for me.

I took the phone and said "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Trey said, sounding mad and worried.

"I am at my dad's house. I'm fine. I'll call you later, I need to talk to my dad-"

"You know, I don't care what you want to do. I need you to tell me where the fuck you are cause I'm worried sick about you. Give me the house address." Try ordered.

"But Trey i-"

"Juliet. Now."

I sighed in defeat and gave him the address. Fuck him!

That self conceited jerk. All he cares about is the 'mate bond' and that I should be with him at all times.

Mate bond my ass.

A/N THIS CHAPTER TOOK ME A YEAR TO FINISH..

Currently eating hot Cheetos.

So what do you think of this chapter?

Pdon't forget to vote, fan and comment! thank you guys for reading!