1.

Huge thanks to firenations for the I wonderful cover!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story except for Penelope and her family (possibly some friends too), all rights over any other character goes to DC Comics and their writers etc. This is a work of fiction and any similarities to non-fiction people, things or situations are purely coincidental.

I've based this Tim Drake mostly but maybe not completely on the Red Robin from before the New 52, just to make that clear. I have made adaptions on his story line and possibly (not likely) his character to fit this story.

This story is copyrighted and if I or anyone else finds that this same story had been published on another account or platform it will be reported.

~ Short-ish chapter :) ~

"I'm not going to kill you," He sneers, the bright red smile that already reach his cheekbones widening maniacally. "Not if good ol' Batsy comes to save you! Haha!"

I glare at the madman, silently hoping he wouldn't notice me shaking. To be completely honest, I don't even know how I ended up here. I was at school, in the Science lab working on an investigation that was due the period after. The lights had gone out, sirens started blaring and in came those men.

They were disgusting. The comments they were making, the teachers and students they were shooting and the equipment they were destroying - it was all disgusting. Thinking they were going to kill me anyways, I grabbed one of the burners I was using for my experiment and hit three of them over the head with it. It wasn't on, no. I didn't have the intention to kill them - or even hospitalize them, I just did it to feel like I had done something to protect myself or even the people around me. Even if it didn't work, it still would have at least hurt. It probably angered them when I had attempted to inflict physical pain on them because the next thing I know, I'm waking up here.

In an abandoned warehouse with Gotham City's most notorious criminal and his significant other - who is arguably just as psychotic as he is.

"Oh, don't worry about that sweetie," Harley says, gripping a baseball bat over her shoulder. "I won't let my Puddin' hurt ya!"

"Now, now," The Joker laughs. "I wouldn't bet on that! Haha ho! Haha!"

Harley rolls her eyes at him, chewing loudly on her pink bubblegum. I felt bad for her. Over the time that I had spent in here - which is only about two and a half hours - I've come to notice the way that the Joker would treat her like some sort of slave or toy or as someone with less worth to him. I mean, what could you have expected from him though? But I have noticed that he does more or less care for her. Well, more than he cares for the other people around him. Which is not at all.

I don't lessen my glare on him, keeping my mouth shut. I'm smart enough to know not to press The Joker's buttons.

"Why so serious?! Haha! This little girl needs to learn how to smile! Haho!" The Joker takes a few steps closer to me, a crow bar gripped tightly in his right hand. "We can teach her, can't we Harley?"

"Uh, of course we can!" Harley snaps out of what seems to have been a daydream, her pigtails bouncing as she moves her head.