2.

I didn't have to go to school today. I probably won't haven't to go back to that place for a long time. Gotham High was practically destroyed after the Joker's men were done with the it. Sure, I was thankful that I school has been canceled but if it's closed for too long then knowing my parents; they would just send me to another. And I don't want that. Gotham High is where my friends are and leaving them is not on my agenda.

All students of Gotham High should be getting word on when school is to open again within the next few hours.

With a sigh I push myself off of my bed, wincing at the pain that shoots through my body as I begrudgingly head over to my wardrobe. A groan leaves my lips. Currently, I'm comfortable in loose grey sweats and a grey hoodie that falls off my shoulders due to its larger size. My hair probably looks as if a hurricane has hit it and my face is clean of my usual minimal makeup, the dark bruises from last night more evident than ever. I've never been one to enjoy wearing makeup, in fact I very highly dislike the feeling of products on my face but it's something that I find helps boost my confidence.

I change into a pair of light wash skinny jeans and a white tank top, throwing a red flannel shirt over my arms before brushing my hair and applying a light coat of mascara to my eyes.

A shadow appears at my window and I quickly scramble to get over there. Red Robin waits for me to open my window, quietly stepping in once I have. He had made it look as if crawling through the space of a tight window is an easy feat and I can't help but question whether or not he does that often.

"Why the window?" I laugh lightly, turning to face Red Robin. He flashes a small smile, chuckling lightly.

"I don't think you parents would appreciate me talking to you. I am a vigilante, you know." The light smile that graces his lips doesn't falter nor foes it grow. Though there is a difference, one that I can't pinpoint. "A lot of people don't like us. They think we're bad."

"I mean, who uses the front door right?" I mumble the lame joke in a quiet voice, my head hanging a little bit as my eyes make contact with my bare feet. "My parents wouldn't mind you talking to me. You saved me yesterday. They probably think they owe you the world."

"You'd be surprised at the amount of people who wouldn't agree with that."

"Really? Why wouldn't they?" My eyebrows furrow slightly as I ponder over his words. How could anyone see him or the batman as the bad guys? Why wouldn't they agree?

Red Robin sighs, crossing his arms lightly over his toned chest - his suit is tight enough to see how fit he is and opens his mouth to speak, "They think we're too reckless. That we might one day turn on them, that we might one day become one of the bad guys. In their defense, not all of us are one hundred percent good and by that I mean there are many of us who do kill. I'm acquainted - you could say - with a few of them. But in my opinion, that doesn't make us any better than the people we are locking up. There are people who know and understand that and that is why they don't like us."

"Because they can't control you. It makes them afraid of what you could do." I mutter, nodding my head to show him that I understand.

"Do you think we're bad?" He asks, taking a seat on the edge of my unmade bed. I copy his actions and place myself beside him.

"No. I don't," I say. "Anyways, what were those questions you wanted to ask me?"

"Oh, I almost forgot." He chuckles. "Do you know why they were there? At the school?"