10.

"Timothy Jackson Drake-Wayne!"

A groan is pulled from Tim's lips as the door is pushed open, his eldest brother sauntering in with a wide grin plastered on his lips as he strides over to the window and pushes the curtains open.

Tim frowns, raising a hand to shield his eyes from the newly intruding sunlight. He sends me a sideways glance, angling himself so that he could better interrogate his brother.

"What do you want, Dick?" Tim glares at Dick, a feisty look that had Dick slightly taken aback. He had recovered himself within the second though, his sea blue eyes holding an unnamable glint.

"You actually got more than a single hours worth of sleep last night!" Dick sends a Tim a shit-eating grin, winking at me with a teasing eye. I don't question the conversation, thankful that I don't have to make a stuttering fool out of myself by replying to Tim's sudden compliment.

Dick had entered the room only seconds after Tim had spoken his words, not giving me the chance to even think of what I was going to say. A giggle falls from my lips as I watch Dick's amusement at Tim's death glare.

Both the boys are silent, staring intensely back and forth between each other. Tim's gaze was harsh and annoyed whereas Dick's was cheeky and playful. It was almost as if they were having their own discussion through their eyes.

"Wait," I snap my eyes to Tim, a sudden flutter running through my chest at the sight of his ruffled hair and tinted cheeks. "Do you not get enough sleep?"

"He's kind of a workaholic," Dick says, shaking his fingers through Tim's hair, only to earn a harsher glare from him. He chuckle at Tim's reaction. "Get's caught up in it all and just stops sleeping. He runs on caffeine and pure willpower."

"Oh," I mumble. What work? I cringe at my own nosiness. It's none of my business.

"It's not really that-"

"It is that bad," Dick chuckles, making his way back to the door. "By the way, Tim, Alfred told me to get you up and at 'em. You've got a meeting at the Enterprises in forty-five minutes."

"Crap!" Tim blurts, throwing the sheets off of his body and jumping off the bed. "I totally forgot. Thanks, man."

"Thank Alfred. Not me." Dick smiles, sending me a quick two fingered salute before slipping out the door.

"I should probably get ready to leave," I say, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and exiting the comfort of the bed.

"I'm sorry I have to leave like this again," Tim says, flashing me a sympathetic look. I smile at him, shaking my head a little bit.

"There's no need to apologise," I say, "I don't mind at all."

"Bruce has me working at Wayne Enterprises," Tim explains, pulling open his wardrobe and fiddling with the soft contents inside. "Says that out of all of my siblings I'm the one who's going to have to put the most effort into the company."

"Oh," I nod, picking up my things and shoving them into the backpack I had brought with me yesterday. "Do you enjoy it?"

"More or less. Most of the time I do but times like this I don't. Meetings and conventions are the worst part of it," he says. Tim quickly throws his chosen items onto his bed, pulling his shirt over his head.

I tear my eyes away from him, my cheeks heating up in a blush. It was obvious to anyone that Tim was hot but it was still surprising just how hot he is. His chest was beautifully sculpted, his torso toned and strong. Timothy Drake is pretty much a god of his own form.

I sling the backpack over my shoulder, ready to leave once Tim is ready. He nods at me, opening the door and walking out. I follow closely behind, my eyes wandering the interior of Wayne Manor as Tim leads me to where Alfred was parked.

The gates to the Manor were opened, the car parked in a way which would be easiest for Alfred to drive out from.

I open the door, taking my seat as Tim walks around to the other side of the car, copying my actions. He smiles at me, his lips turning upwards at the corners. I return the smile before mumbling my address to Alfred. He mumbles a response as the car begins to move.

Tim sits with his arm resting against the door, his fingers lightly playing with his hair. He smiles at me, a toothy smile that would usually have me on my knees. But I was sitting and I had to not make a fool out of myself in front of Tim.

I return the smile, my eyes diverting to the window, watching as the scenery changes along with the movement of the car. The sky was a cloudy grey as usual, the temperature muggy and cold at the same time.

Before I know it, I'm mumbling goodbyes to Alfred and Tim, smiling as I shut the car door behind me. With one last wave I turn around, lightly jogging the driveway to get to the front door of my home. It was one of the few actual houses in Gotham City that hadn't been turned into an apartment complex.

I'm greeted by an empty house. There's a small note explaining that my parents are probably still working and that there's food in the fridge if I need. The silence screams at me, pulling at me like never before. Usually, I enjoyed the quiet. But for some reason unknown, it was unusually distasteful at this given moment. The scent was all too familiar yet it was much less intense than the last time.

Shaking my head, I make my way to the room, cursing as the overwhelming scent of rose and an unnameable other aroma fills my nostrils as soon as I open my door. My eyes fall to the note that I had found days ago, my chest clenching as I sprint to my bed and grab the piece of paper in my hands.

I was sure I had left it hidden away in my drawer.

A sting on my hand causes my eyes to snap to the source. An exact replica of the first rose I had found with this note slowly floats to the ground, the green color of the flower mixed with the smell almost makes gag. My eyes widen, there's no way this could be here.

There's no way this flower could have been replaced with a new one unless someone had come in and changed it themselves.

My eyes skim over the note. It's the exact same copy of the exact same note. The only difference is the newly inked signature that danced across the empty space of the last one, identical in color, size and handwriting.

~

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

I'm so so sorry I keep taking ages to update! I'm also so so sorry for how this story is turning out! I understand that it's  a little bit slow at the moment but I really don't want to rush things with this. Also this chapter is short and this chapter is trash.

Once again, please don't be expecting updates that are too frequent because I have been caught up in a lot of other things that I unfortunately do have to prioritize higher than this. Sorry guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

~ Hannah

UNEDITED