9.

"It's not that great."

"Don't lie to yourself, Drake. Those movies were great, alright?" I roll my eyes, huffing out a short sigh in exaggerated annoyance. We had just finished marathoning all three of the Narnia movies. Now, these in my opinion were amazing movies. Maybe not the best but still amazing. The idea of Narnia and the whole creativity of it had always blown me away, right from the moment I had read the books. Tim didn't think so.

"It doesn't make sense. There are so many things that would have made more sense if the writer had incorporated them--"

"Why don't we just drop it, yeah?" I chuckle, patting Tim's shoulder lightly before before checking the time on my watch. Quarter to one.

The moonlight shone through a thin crack between the curtains, the soft light falling directly onto his face. His eyes twinkle, his skin illuminating and I can't help but feel a sense of recognition--one that I wouldn't be able to pinpoint even if I tried my hardest.

"Crap!" Tim blurts in a whisper, running a hand through his hair. "Bruce is going to kill me."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing. I--uh, I just forgot I had to do something with Bruce." Tim scratches the back of his neck, his eyebrows furrowing as he sits up straighter. We were both sat on Tim's bed, our backs lazily pressed against the headboard as we watched the movies. Tim's back is now straight as a ruler, his jaw clenched and his shoulders tense.

"Is it important? I can leave if you need to--"

"No. It's dark out, it's dangerous for you to be on the streets at this time," Tim shakes his head, smiling at me. "Besides, there's no need for you to go anywhere. You can make yourself comfortable here."

"Thanks, Tim."

"But uh, do you mind if I leave for an hour or two? I better get to Bruce before I lose my head. You can stay here and watch something on my Netflix or you can sleep if you want. Just-um, just make yourself comfortable yeah?" Tim rambles, moving his hands in gestures indescribable. His hair falls lightly over his eyes, pushing him to push it back into place. "I'm so sorry. I really hope you don't mind."

"It's perfectly fine," I smile, moving so that I'm in a more comfortable position on his bed. "I don't mind at all. I understand it must be important and I don't want to be that girl who doesn't let you do what you need just because I wanted--you know what? Nevermind. Go ahead and take your time before I blab anything else that I will regret saying."

Tim chuckles, pushing himself off of the bed making his way towards the door. He nods at me once, flashing me an awkward smile before he's out the door.

I sigh, scrolling through Tim's Netflix for almost ten minutes before I glance at the time briefly, deciding that I should get in some sleep. The thought of waiting up for Tim crosses my mind before I shake the thought away, comfortably getting under the covers of the bed.

The insanely soft fabric of the pillows mixed with that of the sheets lulls me sleep quickly despite the remnants of curiosity about whatever it is that Tim had to leave so suddenly for.

~

I wince slightly at the light shining through the curtains as I slowly flutter my eyes open. I almost jump, letting out a yelp at the sleeping figure inches to my right. A sigh falls from my lips as I quickly remember that I had slept over at Wayne Manor.