8.

"Bruce Wayne."

I stare down at the outstretched hand in front of me. I slowly raise my own hand to shake it, my palms shaking nervously.

"Poppy." I squeak, pulling my hand back after the Bruce Wayne has finished shaking it. He smiles his signature dashing smile that has the women of Gotham on their knees, nodding kindly as a welcoming gesture.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, Poppy," He says, radiating charm and confidence through his aura. "I was just on my way out. I hope the boys don't make you feel too uncomfortable."

I force a laugh out at his joke. If this was any other man I wouldn't have had to force it but this guy? I can barely stand up, I'm so close to Bruce Wayne. My mum's gonna freak.

But wait--the boys?

"Bye Bruce!" Tim rushes, grabbing me by the shoulders and attempting to rush me through the doorway. He groans as another body pushes him backwards. Tim abruptly pushes me behind him, obstructing my line of vision. My eyebrows furrow in confusion. What's going on?

"Leave us alone." Tim sighs, placing his hands on his hips. I try my best to look over Tim's shoulder, getting a short glimpse of another face that I can recognise from the local newspapers.

"Dick bloody Grayson!"

My eyes widen and my face flushes. Crap. Tim sighs, stepping to the side so that I can get a clear view of Bruce Wayne's eldest wards and adopted son.

"I see you already know who I am." Dick chuckles. He smiles a smile that you can only expect to see in magazines and the posters on my sister's wall.

"Sorry," I cringe. "My sister is obsessed with you. You're all over her walls."

"No need to apologize."

"I'm--um--Poppy." I blurt, my eyes wandering to the two boys standing next to him. They both stand in the same position, the same smirk plastered onto their faces. One of the two looks to be about nineteen or twenty whereas the other? Like, 8.

"This here is Jason," Dick juts his thumb out in the direction of the older one. He then gestures to the youngest. "And this is Damian."

"Poppy." I blush, why do I keep repeating my name? Jason chuckles.

"We know," He smirks. "Heard you the first time."

"Okay, can we get in now? We have homework to do." Tim sighs, pulling me into the manor and past the boys. Damian just stares at me with his eyebrows slightly furrowed. He stays silent. I don't say anything as Tim drags me to wherever he plans on working. My mind is too focused on the beautiful architecture of Wayne Manor to pay attention to where exactly we are going. "We have work to get done."

My eyes are wide as Tim shows me into the library, my mind running wild. This place is beautiful beyond words.

"I hope that didn't bother you too much. They can be really quite annoying most of the time, especially if I bring anyone of another gender." Tim blushes, pulling out the textbooks for us to work out of as he shows me to the study table.

"They're not that bad at all, Tim," I laugh. "In fact, I quite like your brothers."

"That would make one of us." Tim jokes, pushing the book more to my direction on the table.

We spend the next two hours working on our project, having it completed to perfection thanks to Tim and his genius when it comes to science. And basically everything else.

"I think that's enough for today," Tim mumbles, slamming each of the books shut with a look of accomplishment on his face. "How 'bout we watch a movie or something?"

"That sounds amazing right about now." I sigh, nodding my head almost furiously.

And honestly, it did. Unlike Tim, I have have a strong dislike for science. I can't stand it and if it weren't for the fact that I had enrolled late in the year and it was one of the only subjects open, I would not have taken it. But, thankfully I did. Because if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't have formed the friendship that I have with Tim and Sam.

"Great," Tim grins. "I've been wanting to rewatch the Narnia movies for so long and you just seem like the perfect person to watch it with."

"Well, I mean they are my favourite movies ever," I blush, my eyes falling to the glazed floor of the manor. "I would be worried if I weren't the perfect person to watch it with."

"Even better. Come with me." Tim stands up, grabbing my hand with his own. The blush on my cheeks grows ten times more intense than it already was.