4.

The rest of the school day seems to pass at a rapid pace. My bag is slung over my right shoulder, my right hand gripping tightly at the strap while my left hand holds my phone and a couple of books. A small smile graces my lips as  walk through the school gate.

Tim and Sam had both exchanged their numbers with me, the three of us meeting between the rest of classes  that we didn't have together. I had two other classes with Tim; Economics and English whereas I had only had an art class with Sam. Thankfully all three subjects were my best ones. I was glad not to have looked stupid when around my two new friends and it was a relief that I did not.

Apart from the pros of having classes with the boys everything else wasn't satisfying at all. Tim seems to be the subject of everyone's conversations and many of them were about him befriending - and I quote - 'a piece of poor trash that doesn't belong anywhere near this school'. It's not like I care because I really don't. It just fascinates me how this school is just filled to the brim with students who only care about Tim because of his wealth and looks. I was surprised to find that Tim - despite only ever seeing him converse with Sam and I - is probably one of the most sought after boys in Gotham Academy.

"Where are you off to?" Sam sprints towards me, halting suddenly as he reaches my side. "Heading home?"

"Yeah."

"Sounds boring, Pop." He says, smiling down at me due to my almost abnormally short height. Sam looks behind me, smiling as he waves his hand. I turn to see Tim heading towards the two of us with a grin on his lips. His black hair shines in the sunlight causing the blue in his eyes to sparkle brightly. I swear it's not possible for this boy to become anymore beautiful than he already is.

"That's because it is boring, Sam." I chuckle and Tim quickly echoes.

"How 'bout you, me and Timbo here head to the park?" Sam nudges me with his elbow, jokingly winking as Tim groans dramatically.

"I told you not to call me that!"

"And I told you that I do not plan on stopping." Sam smirks, slinging a friendly arm over my shoulder. Tim rolls his eyes muttering an acceptance to Sam's previous offer.

We exit the school grounds, bickering on about absolute nonsense until we reach the large green field with a playground situated in the right hand corner. Sam squeals, grabbing my wrist along with Tim's and drags us along with him as he sprints forward.

"Shotgun on the left swing!" I yell, pulling out of Sam's grip as I run ahead of the two boys. I shrug off my uniform blazer and throw it onto the floor before jumping onto the swing. The two boys lazily make their way over to the other swing without noticing that there are two of them and only one swing left. My legs move in a repetitive pattern, the wind flying through my hair as I swing. I don't plan on giving up my beloved swing.

"Wait -" Sam says, but before he can even finish his sentence Tim shoves him towards the left and sprints to the swing with one swift and sudden movement.

I laugh as Sam stalks towards us, grumbling loudly. He stands behind me, his arms outstretched in the direction of my back. A deviously annoying smirk is plastered on his face.

"Wait - no! Sam, don't even think about it!"

He lunges forward, pushing strongly at my back, tipping the plastic on the swing. I squeal, quickly reaching for the covered chains. I glare at the laughing teenage boy, pulling the swing back to hit him square on the chest with my feet. Sam groans, gripping onto himself. Tim laughs, a melodic sound that catches me off guard slightly. I stop myself from staring before I can even start, my lips stretched into a smile.