Chapter 4

Garroth stayed silent as Aphmau made her way over to the window, the sun had just been setting. Pushing over the black curtains Aphmau let the light in, making the purple room looks even brighter. Sighing Aphmau moved a chair near the window and gazed out it. The black curtain covering her head, it looked so beautiful as the sun went down. Slightly smiling Aphmau turned to Garroth, remembering that she had to marry his brother, the lord of Phoenix Drop, Zane.

How could she of forgotten? Her smile faded, replaced with a frown. She didn't want to get marry to someone she barely knew. Let alone be forced into it! Aphmau pushed herself off the chair and walked towards Garroth.

"He isn't serious, right?" She asked, curiosity and fright in her voice. Never in her whole entire life would she have thought that she would be marrying someone, who seems like a complete jerk!

"I'm afraid he is," Garroth replied, sighing as he looked down at the ground. He didn't want Aphmau to marry Zane either, she seemed like a nice person. "I'm sorry." Garroth whispered.

"It's not your fault Lord Zane wants to marry me," Aphmau gave Garroth a small smile. "So don't blame yourself."

Garroth shook his head. "If Laurance and I hadn't tried to capture you when we saw you in the forest none of this would be happening. You could be in Meteli by now, or Bright Port." He explained.

"Garroth, I probably would have wondered into Phoenix Drop anyways. Either for shelter or for food, I would still be in this mess even if you hadn't shot arrows at me," Aphmau  paused. "Speaking of Phoenix Drop, I don't really know my way around, do you think you could show me around?"

Garroth shook his head. "Sadly I cannot since I have patrol, but maybe Laurance could."

"You mean the guy you were talking about when I was stuck in the cell who seems like a jerk?" Aphmau asked making Garroth chuckle a bit.

"Yes him," Garroth answered, heading towards the door. "Now I should be going, have a nice night Aphmau." He went out the door and softly sighed as he closed the door.

Laurance was right beside the door, leaning against the wall. Quietly staring off into space, once he saw Garroth come out of the room he stood up straight. Slightly startling Garroth.

"Oh Laurance, hey," Garroth said, trying to cover up the fact that Laurance startled him. "How long have you been there?" He asked.

"Long enough to hear that she would like to see around the village and that you can't show her," Laurance explained. "You also said I could."

"You should get to know her, she might make your smile return."

"Garroth, you know that my smile hasn't gone anywhere. It just doesn't like to show as much as it used to," Laurance clarified.

"Laurance, you haven't smiled, or laughed since Zane took over Phoenix Drop. Is there something wrong?" Garroth asked.

"No," Laurance answered. "Tell Aphmau that I'll take her around the village. But that's it."

Laurance started to walk away from Aphmau's door. Heading towards the end of the hall, where the stairs were. It was getting late after all. He would have to do his patrol till Garroth took over but rather than that it was going to be a night where he wouldn't get any sleep. He would be to busy thinking about what Garroth had said. It was true, he hadn't laughed, or smile for that matter, since Zane had taken over Phoenix Drop.

Hope you guys enjoyed! Right now it's unedited but still.

~Netti