Chapter 11

She would be able to get some answers, about why Lord Zane wanted her to marry him. Why hadn't she thought about that yesterday, when the boys were talking about him. What was his name again, Ferin? No, it started with a A.

Aphmau shook her head, she had to go meet Lord Zane for supper since he had asked her to start joining him for meals. She had accepted, trying not to get on his bad side. Sighing she left.

Dinner was relatively quiet, seeing as Malachi and Levin had gone to bed early since they fell asleep late. Aphmau was able to leave after her and Zane had finished eating. Hopefully no one was at the guard station. It'd still work if it was Garroth since he seemed nice enough. Laurance was jerk, nothing else about that.

Heading towards the guard station wasn't that hard since it was near Lord Zane's house. No one was out front, although she could hear talking from inside. Curious (and wanting to find that man) she headed in.

There wasn't anyone in the cells, or out of them though.

The chatter got louder and louder the closer she got to a wall, was it hidden? She started pushing bricks, trying to see if there was some secret about the place. She could faintly hear (and make out some words) before she did though.

"-ance you need to keep calm around her, she's still your target."

"I know Aaron -I just- it's hard!" A loud pounding noise almost shook the building. "Especially since that jerk Zane assigned me to be her protector. He wants me to do Aaron, I know he does."

A brick fell farther into the wall and a door opened up, leading to a small staircase. Cautiously Aphmau stepped down the stairs, her hand firmly placed on the way beside her for balance. The chatter got louder, it was Laurance and some other person. Aphmau peeked her head over the wall, there was a person in a cell and Laurance in front of him.

"Laurance, calm down," the person in the cell, Aphmau assumed it was Aaron, told Laurance. Who was about to throw the chair he was sitting on. Or it seemed like it.

"How can I calm down when one of my friends is supposed to marry Lord Jerk?" Laurance slightly yelled.

Aphmau was surprised, he hadn't called Zane Lord Zane, or anything of the sort. And what was he talking about, friend? If anything Aphmau would love to be away from him, he was acting like a jerk. Aphmau leaned up against the wall, sighing as she did. She wasn't going to get any answers out of Aaron while Laurance was still here. She sat down and waited.

"Laurance, listen, I know you like her but killing her won't be any better as her dying by Zane's hands. And he'll do that if he marries her, you know that." Aaron spoke up, Aphmau fast asleep by that time. "You have to stop the wedding."

"You decide to tell me now?" Laurance yelled. Standing up from the chair he was sitting on.

Aaron shushed him and nudged his head over to where Aphmau had fallen asleep. "She fell asleep."

Laurance, slightly annoyed, walked over to the side. Seeing a sleeping Aphmau, her head almost into her knees brought up to her chest. Laurance smiled, he hadn't seen her this peaceful since Garroth had been in the Irene dimension.

He looked back over at Aaron. "How did you know she was here?"

"I guessed, that and I could hear her softly snoring," Aaron's voice went less cheerful. "It's my fault, it's my fault it's like this. If I had never-"

"Stop blaming yourself!" Laurance snapped at him. "It's in the past now. I should probably get her back to the house. Zane will have my head if I don't."

Aaron slightly laughed. If only she hadn't followed him when he went to go kill Zane, the first time.

Oh. Laurance knows! I've actually had to rewrite the plot for this several times. But don't worry I don't have to rewrite the chapters (again).

Hope you enjoyed!

See ya!
Netti