Chapter 10

Aphmau wandered around Phoenix Drop, there wasn't that much to do. She had seen most of the village when Laurance had showed her around, most of the stuff was close together. After all, it wasn't a big village.

She had seen at least every house by now but the only thing was that there wasn't very many people outside. Which made her kind of sad because she was hoping to meet some new people. Maybe make a few new friends, she wouldn't exactly say that Laurance was her friend. Garroth, maybe.

"Why? Why? Why?" Someone yelled from the forest, making Aphmau curious.

Aphmau slightly walks faster, heading over to where she heard the sound. It was probably someone who had accidentally cut themselves on a piece of wood or something. Peeking her head around the corner of a tree trunk she saw the two little boys. Levin and Malachi. Leaving had punched a tree by the looks of things.

"Levin calm down, someone might hear us," Malachi told his younger brother.

"I don't care. Why did this happen, everything was so good, everyone was happy!" Levin yelled yet again, punching the tree and making small leaves fall down. "Why did she have to go and stop and remake it like this?"

"I don't think this was her fault, I think it's ours," Malachi sighed. "If she had really stopped it I would be a ghost right now. We had been the few that remember Levin. Rather than Zane and Aaron."

"Do you think Dante still remembers?" Levin asked, calming down slightly. Making his way to sit beside his brother.

"Maybe, but we haven't been able to leave Phoenix Drop so we wouldn't be able to see. Honestly I'm surprised Zane didn't bring him here like he did Laurance. But hey! Look at the good thing we have our mum back!" Malachi slightly yelled, full of hope.

"Yeah, I'm glad we only had to wait two years. Fifteen, I don't think I would be able to go through that again," Levin slightly chuckled. "You're a jerk you know that right?"

"How am I a jerk?" Malachi asked, slightly confused.

Levin playfully punched (or it looked like it was playfully) Malachi. "When we talked to Mum! You made it so I have speech problems. I'm supposed to be six, not two!"

"Hey, I had speech problems at six," Malachi defended. "That was nine hundred and two years ago."

"Yeah yeah Mister I-lived-as-ghost-for-nine-hundred-years," Levin slightly laughed. But than stopped, his face going serious. "Do you think Laurance is still a Shadow Knight, like he was before?"

"Maybe. But if he is his target must be someone else, unless he forgot that Mum was his target to kill-" Malachi was cut off.

"Please don't use Mum and kill in the same sentence, it was bad enough thinking she was dead. I don't want her to actually be."

"Sorry," Malachi apologized. "Unless he forgot that Mum was his target so he could get his full Shadow Knight powers."

"But once he remembers what do you think he'll do? If he's still a Shadow Knight," Levin asked. Looking away he mumbled. "Personally I hope he doesn't do what I think he will."

Aphmau backed up from the tree, she had heard of Shadow Knights. They were beings of the Nether, brought back to life by the Shadow Lord. And they would kill the person who had been closet to them to gain immortality. Malachi and Levin weren't making sense though, Aphmau wouldn't be Laurance's target. They weren't even that close.

Aphmau turned away from the boys, they had already started calling her Mum. But somethings didn't make much sense, like how they had said they were waiting for fifteen years and thinking she was dead. They hadn't even met her before, had they?

"It sucks though, Aaron might've been able to help us," Levin sighed, making Aphmau go back to the tree curious as to what he was saying. "It really sucks that he's just in a cell in Phoenix Drop. Especially since he's the one who's locked up forever."

Aphmau remembered something while she had slept the first night. Although she thought it was a dream, a man named Aaron was in it. Maybe he had the answers though, the kids seemed to know what they were talking about but she certainly didn't.

Leaving Levin and Malachi in the forest Aphmau ran off in search of that Aaron dude.

*unedited

Sorry if this made you a bit confused, what Levin and Malachi were talking about were what happened last time. Ish. You'll see later in. Hope you guys enjoyed!

~Netti