Chapter 8

Aphmau still recalled the moment that had happened when she tripped near the Irene Statue. They had both turned red, well, who wouldn't if they were inches away from kissing one another?

She turned red just thinking about it, even if she had just met Laurance it felt as if they had known each other for years without knowing. But that couldn't be the case, she had just met him the day he and Garroth were shooting arrows at her. And also thinking she was a guy. Which made her laugh just thinking about it, how could someone mistake her for a man?

Slowly she watched as the sun slowly came up, had she really stayed up all night just thinking about it? Was it really that hard to forget? Aphmau didn't care, it seemed like it wouldn't be their first kiss if they did happen to kiss. That was the thing that bothered Aphmau, not anything else. Just that. It scared her almost. She hadn't known Laurance before, had she?

Sighing she watched as all the dark blues slowly turned into faded pinks and oranges. Making a beautiful canvas known as the sky. It was beautiful. Something clicked in her mind.

"Not as beautiful as you." Laurance had said when they had reached the Irene Statue. Had he really called her beautiful?

Aphmau shook off the thought, just wanting to watch the sunrise in peace. Without an interruption from her mind about how Laurance was a sweetheart for calling her beautiful. She barely knew him, he could be a jerk underneath and could just be hiding it really well because he doesn't want to lose his job. Aphmau could easily tell Lord Zane that Laurance was being a jerk, although he probably wouldn't do anything about it.

Aphmau gently laughed. There was no way in the world that someone had called her beautiful, it must've just been her imagination. Especially since she just met the person who had called her that. Unless he felt the same, like they had met once before.

Closing her eyes Aphmau felt the soft breeze on her face, once again trying to remove the thoughts keeping her from going to bed. Although sleep seemed impossible now. Especially since she knew someone was outside her door in case she tried to escape. Worst of all, it was Laurance.

She moved away from the window, she didn't know why Lord Zane had assigned him to her. Maybe because he had 'shown' her around, more like took her to go get food than to some statue. Aphmau laughed a bit, she still remembered the taste of the cake on her face. Like cake and...face.

"Aphmau," Laurance said, knocking on the door. "Lord Zane would like to meet you for breakfast, it'll be ready in an hour."

Aphmau nodded even if Laurance couldn't see it. "Alright." She answered.

Aphmau didn't really want to go to this breakfast with Lord Zane but she had to. It was only being polite, that and he is practically forcing her to marry him. Might as well get to know him before a year is up. Speaking of which its only been three days, well, minus the day they met two. Had time really gone that slow? For Aphmau, it felt as if she was there for weeks. Everything just seemed to be going so slow.

Sighing she decided to change her clothes since she had been in her pyjamas. She just grabbed something random from the dresser on the other side of the purple room. It just happened to be a light purple dress with lace around the edges. Slipping it on she decided to leave her room, she hadn't really been anywhere around Lord Zane's house.

Walking out she bumped into Laurance, making her head slightly hurt since she had hit his chest plate. She backed up just a bit and looked up, Laurance almost seemed to be smiling. She shook it off and as she did she noticed it wasn't as much as a smile as it was a frown. Guess he's back to his normal, no smile and no laughter self.

"It seems you are ready to go," Laurance pointed out, looking down at Aphmau. "Follow me to the dining hall."

Aphmau nodded and followed like he had said. She didn't want to get on his bad side, although she probably has and she just doesn't know it. Like the time, she was in the forest dodging the arrows from them. That probably got him very irritated. Same with Garroth, although he didn't show it. 

She lightly laughed, maybe living here wouldn't be so bad. And maybe she would be the one to keep Laurance laughing? Who knows.

*Unedited

Hia guys, so I've got a schedule now. You can check it out when you go to my profile. Hope you guys enjoyed!

Netti