Chapter one

"Wake up, wake up, wake up" my mum said while banging on the door. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around my room to see my new school uniform sitting on my desk, high school. I sat up and rubbed my eyes thinking this is the day. I got up and walked out of my room to get breakfast, all I had was cereal and after that walked to the bathroom to do my makeup, I have to look good for my first day of school, a little bit of foundation and a little bit of brown lip gloss should be okay. I walk into my bedroom and put on my new school top with the blue skirt that goes with it and I make my way back to the bathroom to look in the mirror. I look surprisingly good, i think to myself.
"Come on! We woke up late we have to go soon!" My mum yelled at me, and my siblings, three little yes mums came from all over a big house. My sister, Elsie saying " I'm ready mum!" And my brothers Gregory, and Joseph moan in return, they just got out of bed.  I walk into the boys room, and look at them sitting on the beds with their pyjamas on.
" come one Greg and Jos, I will not be late to my first day of high school because of you to" what was supposed to be encouraging turned into a snarl. I turned and walked away before further discussion could take place, and looked out the window in my room. It was a sunny day which made my room look beautiful, the desk against the wall and my chest of draws leaning against the broken wardrobe door and my single bed in the corner un made. I worked out and saw my brothers dressed and Elsie sitting on the couch reading a book, she was always ready before anyone else.
" morning" my mum said with a chirpy voice, and a smile.
" morning" I return her smile.
" nervous?" She asks, head tilted slightly.
" yes" I answer truthfully. My stomach felt like a thousand butterflies made a permanent home at the pit of it, and I was feeling a little bit dizzy. Nervous was an understatement.
" let's pray" mum says, we both bow our heads and mum begins to pray quietly, " lord please take away any nerves Anny might be having today lord and the same for me. We pray that everyone will love her for who she is and this year will be the best one yet"
    We are on the way to school in our little yellow car, and I start thinking when did the bible and Christianity become such a big thing in my life? I've pretty much grown up with God and Jesus, hearing about them. I started going to church when I was five and a year later my parents came with me and ever since then. We've all gone to church, my brothers and sister love going to church, I don't mind it. My friends are there. We pull up in to primary school parking lot and I get out to walk the two minutes to my school.
" bye mum" we all yell in unison, I stop and look at her and repeat it.
" bye mum, I love you" I say with a genuine smile.
" love you too Bub, have a good day" she smiles back and I set of for school. That's when I see one of the friends I graduated with.
" Kate!" I tell as she jogs over to me.
" hey An! Your walking right?" She asks. She's very short compared to me, I was one of the tallest in my grades. She was one of the shortest,
" yeah, we should walk together" I say looking down at my black shoes and hoping their good enough and that people will like them. It's then I start worrying that I don't look good enough for everyone I'm now attending school with, I look over to my right and see a very pretty good with perfect makeup and long blonde hair, straightened so it reaches half way down her back. I don't look or feel good enough, maybe I could make myself vomit so I can go home.
" yeah let's. I just have to wait for Becca and we all can walk together" she says looking at the girl my eyes are fixed on, that I envy.
             -- 15 minutes later --
"Annu Hops?" The teacher of my head room asks, I raise my hand.
" here's your timetable miss Hops" he says with a welcoming smile, my friend next to me, Rachel, already had hers and was now analysing my timetable to see if we had any classes together.
" we have art together today!" She said happily, Rachel is a happy person in general, she always has a smile showing of her braces and her orange hair was always in a pony tail showing of her freckles. She scanned the room and without asking I knew who she was looking for. Daniel. He played drums and I know this through a school audition I had for the music program, Rache knew she liked him from orientation when they met, and to be honest they suit each other. But he wasn't in class yet so she kept looking around to check. After she finished scanning I gave her a soft nudge then chuckled, she play punched me back and said " shut up!" And then we both laughed together.
" Daniel" the teacher said, " here's your timetable and next time go before class time" he said handing him the piece of paper. Daniel and his friend who I don't know are sitting behind us, of course Rachel then turns around and starts talking to him like there's no tomorrow, I turn around and realise his friend is staring at me, through his big glasses brown eyes are looking back at mine.
" hey" he says with a smile. I smile back, a real smile, he's kind of cute.
" hey" Daniel and Rachel stop talking and join us in on their convosation, about classes and if they have any classes together. I look at how Daniel looks at her and think yep, their gonna date one day. I then look at the stranger who's eyes are now laughing at Daniel.
" I'm Anny, but please call me An"
" okay An," he says An like he's waiting to see my reaction, " I'm Harry" he now smiles again and then we engage in our own convosation about how we got our names. So far high school is turning out really good for me.