Chapter 6

Jade and I are making our way to our next class, Science.

Science was fun because the teacher let us talk, but she was also strict and would make sure we got our work done and to the best of our abilities.

Term one ends in two weeks and I cannot wait. All of this drama at school would be at rest for 2 weeks, I have no plans so far. Mum and dad don't like Jade, so I'll probably end up hanging around the church kids.

Bella tried fixing things with me last week, but once again I snapped at her, pushing her farther away.

"Anny! I'm buying lunch today... Would you like my sandwich?".
"No I'm okay", I mumble at her, walking away.
"You look sick", she whispered into my ear, I pushed her away from me.
"You look like dog shit!", I whisper yell at her. She looked shocked, hurt and, betrayed. Jade must have just realised that I wasn't with her cause she is walking up to me.
"Just leave me alone Bell", I say as I turn away from her.

I sigh, I do miss her. Not that I would ever tell anyone that, but she was there for me when I was bullied in primary school. She stuck by me when I wanted to run away from home.

Harry is staring at me, I want to walk into his class and beat him up. He started a rumour that I didn't want to go out with him because I'm a lesbian. It's not the first time a rumour has spread like that though. Last year when we had a dancing class a girl in my class, Shakira, came up and asked if I was one. But because I didn't know what it was I said yes, then acted shocked when she said she wasn't. Then of course the bullying started from that one mistake.

I wouldn't have cared but the words it me every time I turned a corner and would see people stare at me and then whisper. It jut gave me another reason to hate myself.

"Smile chump", Jade said to me with a smile.

Jade was fun, she was a party child and she smoked a lot. She also cut, so the pain I felt, she understood better than anyone else. Which is why I hung around her the most. I sigh again just because I hate felling depressed.

It's not a new feeling either. I had it when I turned 5 give up until I turned 10, so this upsetting feeling I felt now was just a reminder of growing up.

You see, my uncle Mattie committed suicide not long after I turned 5. And that set of my depression, he uste to come over every Wednesday night for dinner. We normally had a pizza night. Then one week he didn't come, and that might mum and dad got a phone call. They told me he was in a car accident. After all, how do you tell a five year old her uncle committed suicide? Once I left the funeral I grew very upset. And not long after it turned into depression.

End of term one
"Yeah!", I say to Jade laughing with her. We were talking about our new social studies teacher, he reminds us of Santa, but he has a stretcher in his ear. I don't think he liked me or Jade that much. But who cares?

When I get to the car, my nana is sitting in the front seat. I like my nana visiting us from Geraldton.

When we moved to Perth, it was very difficult. We've been here for five years now and I've only just started making friends, at church and school. But my nana is the one who visits us the most.

She's my great-nana, my mum and my nanny stopped talking for two years, their talking to each other again now, so she visits us as well.

"Church tonight!", mum says excitedly. Only I was going because my nana is here. The noise would hurt he ears' my church was seriously like a night club. Lights, and the loud music, plus how people acted, there was mosh pits, and sometimes they had after parties.
      I fight the urge to roll my eyes at my mum. I was only going cause she wanted me too!