Chapter 21: I Didn't See A Thing

Beth felt her throat clam up tight as she tried to swallow, preparing to tell him you hadn't seen a thing but it was hopeless; Had she really seen it? Was this a dream?

"I want you," she said through her clenched teeth.

Daryl gave a half smile and scoffed, "Is that so?" Beth nodded quickly, "I want you right now. Please," she sighed.

He walked over to her and pressed his lips to her, his hands holding onto her hips and lifting her onto his waist as she undid the buttons on his shirt and kissed his lips between each button. "I want you so much, Daryl.  I love you!" she gasped, moaning as he nibbled her neck softly.

Leaning down and putting her back to the floor, he lowered her down and his hands found his pocket as he distracted her by whispering into her ear.

"I don' think yu' want it tha' much," he teased, grabbing her hand and wrestling the ring in his pocket onto her left hand.

She didn't noticed.

He fell down beside her and she put her hands on her head, gasping slightly and glancing at the ring. "I..." she said, "Daryl."

He sighed, "Yu' don' want it? Fine."

She shook her head. "No, it's just-" she wrestled the ring off her finger and rolled over onto her side to face Daryl. "I always imagined walking through a field with this guy and he'd wrestle me down and pull out a ring and ask me to marry him and it'd be so perfect, you know? He'd be handsome and smart and he'd love me so much. I'd... I'd lose my virginity to him. But that doesn't matter now, because I have you. And yes, I'll marry you, Daryl. I love you."

Beth cupped Daryl's face in hers and pressed her forehead to his, then gently let her lips linger on his.

"I don't want that guy in the field, I want you in this... This place."

Daryl nodded and kissed her back. "I want you too, Dixon," he sighed, pulling her closer to him.

The concrete beneath them was cold but his chest was warm and Beth snuggled right in. "I'm a Dixon?" she asked, feeling tears well in her eyes. She heard Daryl's voice in her ear and smiled.

"I want to be a Dixon," she said, snuggling closer to him. Now was a better time than any to tell him, she guessed.  "I'm... I'm, uh..."