four.

15 minutes have passed and I was in the last sentence of my letter. I looked at Maine from the swing and I saw her just looking at the view. After the last word I wrote, I went straight beside her. "Are you ready?" She nodded. We played rock-paper-scissors to determine who would go first.

It was me.

She sat in an Indian position together with me so we can face each other. I coughed and started to read my letter.

Maine, my love.

I don't really know where to start this letter. Obviously because I want to say a lot of things to you.

The moment I saw you from that split-screen, that moment you smiled to me, it was everything. I was so happy that I met you. You came into my life so perfectly.

For so many years, I have experienced heartbreak, suffering, and struggles in life, most especially in my career. You know how fragile I am because of what happened with my family, my mother specifically. But when you came into my whole world, everything revolved into a 360-degree turn.

Thank you. Thank you for coming to my life. You are an answered prayer. You are a blessing sent by God. You have been my friend, best friend, buddy, sister, my better half in all that I do. You never failed to be my number 1 fan whenever I receive or we receive a recognition. You have been by my side through my ups and downs. You always give me that smile that can brighten up my whole day. Thank you for being my inspiration in every single thing I do. 'You cannot please everyone'. That is one thing I learned from you most especially when it comes to our problems in our career. Thank you for changing me to the person I am today. You are a big part of what I am now.

I'm sorry. I know I haven't been the perfect boyfriend to you. I have a lot of shortcomings to you especially when my hectic schedules blocks my time for you. Sa 4 na taon nating pagsasama, alam ko hindi naging madali. Madalas nga, hindi tayo nagkakaunawaan dahil sa ibang bagay pero kahit ganoon, alam ko sa sarili ko na hindi nabawasan ang pagmamahal ko sa'yo kung di nadagdagan pa. You have managed to be an understanding girlfriend. Time is the biggest problem we had and we will still have. Alam kong hindi madali ang pinasok mo, pinasok ko at pinasok natin. But you gave me the trust that we can go through this together hand in hand. Sometimes, my pride conquers the whole situation which makes everything worse. Yet you still gave me the understanding I need. You taught me that pride will just ruin me. Marami pa tayong pagdadaanan. Hopefully, I'm sure, we will get through everything. With the help of our families, the people around us and most of all, with the help of each other, there is no hurdle that we can't get through.

I love you. I love you for everything you are and you are not. There are a lot of words to describe you but I cannot state all. Because for me, you are more than all of those. I love you for your imperfections because that's what makes you even more perfect for me. Hindi ko talaga maintindihan kung paano kita minahal. Tama nga sila, love is really unexplainable. Mahal kita dahil mahal kita. No explanations needed. Love, is really something different. Love really conquers all. I don't know kung paano ako mabubuhay kung wala ka. You are the missing piece of my puzzle.

I thank God because He gave you to me for a lot of reasons. I cannot elaborate everything but I know, you are my life changer.

Nicomaine Dei Capili Mendoza, the soon to be Nicomaine Dei Mendoza-Faulkerson, always remember that a Richard Reyes Faulkerson Jr. would always be here by your side no matter what. You are my better half. I would always imagine my life, my family with you. Happy 4th Anniversary. We have forever to go. And I choose to travel my forever holding your hand.

I love you so much.

I can see tears running down her face. I can feel tears running down my face, too. She was in silence. Maine opened her letter for me. She read it even though she was in tears.

Alden, Richard, Rj, whatever I may call you.

To be honest, hanggang ngayon natatakot pa'rin ako. Natatakot ako sa mga mangyayari sa ating dalawa.

I gave you my trust, my love, my everything. You never failed me. You never fail to make me happy. You never fail to make me feel that I am loved.

You were the most precious gift that gave God gave to me. You are my everything. Hindi ako mahilig magsalita masyado. Pero dahil sa'yo, natuto akong magsalita on what I really feel. You gave that strength I needed whenever and wherever. Oo, crush kita noon pa. Everything happened in a flash. Dumating ka, at hindi na napigilan ang tadhana dahil minahal na kita, nang sobra-sobra.

Ikaw ang nagbago ng takbo ng buhay ko. I'm once the introvert and shy person you know. I am still that person, though. Pero ngayon, unti-unti ko nang binubuksan and puso ko sa maraming bagay. You would always be there sa lahat ng bagay na ginagawa ko. You made me choose the right decision I have made. You thought me a lot of things and I am very grateful for that. You are my best-friend, my brother, my shoulder, my better half. Whenever I face tough challenges, you were always there. Kahit na hindi na maganda yung mga ginagawa ko, you would always be there to remind me of what I have become.

Thank you for the 4 wonderful years and I know that this will last a lifetime. Araw-araw mo akong pinapakilig sa mga sweet gestures mo. Araw-araw mo akong pinapasaya dahil sa mga jokes na corny o kaya sa mga kuwento mo. You always make my day, you always do. Thank you for the lessons you have taught me. You made me smile. You made me laugh. You made me cry. You made me mad. You made my everything.

Pasensya ka kung minsan nagiging masama na ako sa tingin mo or sa tingin ng iba. Alam kong hindi matagal ang pasensya mo. Pero you still understood me. I am so thankful na ikaw ang boyfriend ko. Kahit minsan, may mga misunderstandings tayo along the way pero those were the events na nagpatibay sa relasyon natin. I am not the perfect girlfriend. But I know in myself that we are perfect for each other. Always remember that in any obstacle we face, I would be always by your side. I would always love you no matter what happens. Hindi nababawasan ang pagmamahal ko sa'yo.

As the song goes, "All of me, loves all of you. All your curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections." That is how I describe you and me. I love you for who you are and what you are to become. I love you because our attitudes meet. I love you because of everything.

Maraming salamat rin kasi sa dinami-rami ng tao sa mundong ito, ikaw ang nahanap ko at napili ko. You have done a lot for me, for my family. Hindi mo lang alam kung gaano ako ka-grateful. You have sacrificed a lot for yourself, for your family and for your career. Hindi lang ikaw ang nakilala ko along the way. I also met your family na tinuturing ko na ring pamilya ko. Thank you for letting me come home to you.

I still have a lot to say to you. But I want to end this letter with something I would hold on to for the rest of my life. I wouldn't promise because I know promises are meant to be broken. This would last a lifetime. I would hold your hand every time. I would be your shoulder to cry on. I am your breath of fresh air. I am your better half, the better half of your everything. God really gave you to me and my life. Words cannot express how much gladness I am feeling whenever I am with you.

Happy 4th to us. Like I always say; 4 years down, forever to go!

I love you so much, Richard.

I can't stop crying. I am so happy that we had this time together. To say what really want to say to each other. I hugged her, real tight. We looked at the horizon, just feeling the touch of the cold breeze. After awhile, I looked at her and she looked back. We were still in tears. Maine wiped mine and we laughed. "Thank you for everything, Rj." I smiled and got close to her and kissed her. The kiss was long and sweet.

We ended the night in each other's arms. Enjoying the evening ambiance. This is it, the 4th year of OUR LOVE.