seven

A whole week filled with laughter, giggles and love. 

I never imagined that this plan that Rj and I talked about would be one hell of a ride. I'm so grateful and overwhelmed that we could get to make some special people in our life smile even for just a while. I know that this is not enough to thank all of the people who are part of our 4-year journey as a couple. But right now, as we spend the last week of our leave, I am still here at my room reflecting on everything that has happened.

Laziness conquered my whole body and that is why I am still here in my bed since it is only 6 in the morning. I have no idea on what to do this day since I decided that it would be a perfect time to get enough sleep before we go back to work. Here is the typical Maine, as always.

All I'm doing right now is viewing my twitter timeline and updating myself of what happened for the past week. My notifications are flooded with some pictures wherein we were spotted together with the 4 lucky people namely: Ashley, Nove, Jacob and Mae. The MaiChard Nation is now asking me and Rj what was going on with those photos while others recognized the 4 of them. So instead of answering all the questions, I tweeted something. 

We've come a long way, love. Thank you for having this 4-year journey with me. 'Till forever? 

I tagged him together with our selfies with Ash, Nov, Jacob and Mae. Yes, it is really our 4th year anniversary at this date, exactly June 24. I wasn't waiting for his reply since I know he is sleeping at this hour. People are waiting for his reply and already piling up my notifications. I turned my phone off and stood up to wash up and decided to have my alone time. 

Yes, it is really weird. I must celebrate this day with him especially now that this day itself is our anniversary. Rj decided on this just yesterday and I agreed on it. But why did I agreed? Maybe he also thought that we also need time for ourselves. 

To be honest, I feel a bit guilty on agreeing to this. I'm starting to think that this was a cool-off kind of thing. But really, did he just made this decision for himself? We are fine, right? The whole week was great and I got to spend it with him. It was okay, right? Or was it not?

Here goes my pessimist side again. 

I spent my whole morning at the mall and like the usual, people who would pass by would ask for pictures and I'm happily smiling to every flash. But behind the smile of mine I have a lot of questions in my mind right now. 

There was a large crowd from where I am sitting to eat for lunch. It was good that I wasn't disturbed for my favorite meal of the day. 

Now I'm casually looking at my phone. No reply from him. Maybe he was still sleeping? Probably not. I gave him a text message again but still no reply. The typical Rj would always reply fast after my message would lit up his phone but today was different. So then? It's our anniversary but not even one single reply? Not even one single hint? 

It is already 7 in the evening

I'm lying here on my bed and typing at my laptop for a new blog post. I had to post something that's a bit different from my happy-go-lucky posts. This was more of a ranting post because I'm starting to get out of my nerve because he didn't show up and I haven't receive any call, text, tweet or snap from him. I know that we decided to have our alone time but this is not good.

Calling my mom is the only thing I knew I would do because she would always make me calm whenever my fire burns up. But instead of an answer, she declined my call! Like what the? My mom would never decline it especially at these times! I tried to call my other siblings but they also did the same thing. There is still one person I haven't called and this would be the least option at the moment, I called Uncle Richard.

"Oh, anak? Napatawag ka."

"Tito, nandiyan po ba si Rj?"

"Wala anak eh. Teka, hindi ba anniversary ninyo ngayon?"

"Opo."

"At wala siya?"

"....."

"Maine, anak. May problema ba kayo?"

"Tito kasi... Nag-usap po kami kahapon na alone time muna namin ngayon."

"At pumayag ka?"

"...... O---opo."

"Pumayag ka naman pala eh. Anong problema?"

"Nagtatampo po ako kasi kahit isa man lang text wala. Para niya akong iniwan sa ere ngayon.."

"Meng, wait lang ah. May inaasikaso kasi ako ngayon. Tawagan na lang kita ulit ah?"

"Ah, sige po."

The call ended. Why are they all busy? Now I have more problems than ever. I don't really know what to do anymore. I'm already lying on my bed and bursting into tears. Before I knew it, I went to sleep still crying. 

***