nine

Richard was disturbed by a loud knock on the door. He was in the middle a peaceful sleep that he would only get once in a blue moon since he has been more busy working.

His 7 year-old twins, Madison Charlotte and Mason Christopher, hurriedly opened the door since their dad didn't respond. They were shaking him to wake up.

"Dad, get up!"

"Mommy is going to give birth!"

As Richard heard his girl say those words, he immediately ran to their room where his wife was sleeping. Since Maine started her pregnancy with their third, Richard decided that his wife must sleep with their kids so she cannot be disrupted whenever he would go home.

"Yaya! Padala na lang po ng gamit ni Maine. Maddie, Mace, sumama na lang kayo kay Yaya papuntang hospital, okay? Please continue your sleep."

Their driver accompanied Maine inside the car while Richard was giving instructions to the other people in the house. He swiftly went in the car beside his wife and calmed her down even though she was about to give birth any second. "Kuya, dalian mo. You know what to do."

Luckily there was a near hospital in the area. Some nurses helped in putting Maine on the hospital bed and they immediately went to the emergency room. It was already 4 in the morning.

***

Richard was sitting in the benches near the emergency room with his closed eyes praying for her wife and daughter's safety. It is already their third child yet he still feels the nervousness running in his whole body. After several hours of waiting, the doctor went outside to tell him that both of them are safe and they are to transfer her in a private room.

"Doc, bakit po ililipat sa private room? May problem po ba?"

"Wala naman, Alden. We just need to check on Maine's condition since this is her 2nd time to have a normal delivery. Alam mo naman ang kalagayan niya diba?"

"Pero, Doc, okay lang naman po sila hindi ba?"

"Yes, Alden. You don't have to worry. Kailangan lang natin siyang i-check for the next 48 hours."

"Salamat po, Doc."

Maine is already in her room, resting. Richard looked at his wife intimately and kissed her temple. "Thank you, Meng.", he whispered. He took a chair from the table and placed it near the bed. He held Maine's free hand and caressed it in his cheek. He was so happy and proud on how brave Maine was to give birth to Meigann Chrisette.

Maine woke up seeing her husband sleeping with his head down on the bed. She used her other hand to mess his hair which is her way of waking him up. But to her surprise, there was no movement. Someone suddenly knocked and she saw her kids enter.

"Mommy!" The twins shouted in unison. Maine signaled them to be quiet because their dad is sleeping very soundly. Being the very 'kulit' the twins are, instead of being quiet, they disturbed their father's sleep. The whole family laughed as Richard woke up haggard and still not the way he is.

"Mommy, Daddy, nasaan na si baby bunso?"

"Oo nga, mommy? Diba dapat kasama niyo siya in bed?"

"Maddie, Mace, nasa nursery pa si baby. Pero maya-maya dadalhin na siya dito."

The room started to crowd when Maine's parents and Richard's dad came in. Coleen, Dean and Rizza were the next ones who came inside. The whole family was very excited for Maine.

"Love, tinawagan mo talaga silang lahat?"

"Hindi ako." Then the couple looked at their twins who were looking away. "Kambal?"

"Sorry, mom. Syempre we just want them to know that you have given birth na."

"Ang conyo mo talaga, Mad!"

"Ewan ko sa'yo, Mac!"

"Shhhh, Mace, Maddie, wag mag-aaway."

"Anak, wag niyo na pagalitan yung dalawa. Syempre excited rin kami kasi may bago kaming apo ni balae."

Another knock on the door interrupted the conversation of the family. Maine's OB was accompanied with a nurse carrying the baby.

"Here she is, Maine!"

The whole family was glad to see another angel who joined the family. Their all smiles as the nurse gives the baby to her mother. Richard, being who he is, was there beside her better half and they looked at the sleeping baby girl.

The couple can't contain their happiness for a new blessing that came to their life. It has been a decade since they had been together and their journey is getting stronger along the way. Right now, they have fulfilled their dream of having 3 kids. They are very happy that the family is their to support them in every step of their married life. Without them, it wouldn't be this tight and strong. Most especially, they are very happy for Madison and Mason. Their 'panganays' are growing to be responsible ate and kuya to their baby bunso. Even thought they are still young, they are growing up to be good children.

Another beginning for the Faulkerson-Mendoza family 😄