Chapter 3 - Cool Colours

Just like fonts, there is a world of colours out there. Chosing the right one can be really hard. But no sweat, I'm here to teach you how to find that one colour.

First off, look at the cover for this guide. What colour is the word 'Wattpad'? What does it match? There is a purpose to colouring. It matches the Wattpad official colour. Exactly too. It doesn't take that much work. You just take the eyedropper tool, go to the object and click.

What is the purpose of this? Well it does look professional, right? I wouldn't make the words, let's say, orange. Why? Because orange isn't in the picture.

Now, there are exceptions, like in everything. Black and white pictures are the ones that you can chose whatever colour you want. However, just like fonts, your cover should only have 2 colours on it. But that is including black or white, even though white technically is not a colour. 

Never use colours like pure red. Red has alot of energy in it, and can become hard to read. If you stare at it for awhile, the words, or if the background is red, the background starts to blurr and almost moves. This fact is basic for any website design, or any other kind of design for that matter.

There are more complications though. I'm telling you to have one of the colours that is in your cover picture as the colour of your words, right? Don't you think they're going to blend in with eachother so you can't even see the words?

If you thought that this guide is helpful in anyway, please leave a comment and vote! Let's help other with their cover making!