Chapter 6 - Maybe They're All Right

I throw my French fries in the air sometimes,

Sayin AYYYYYYOOOOO!

IMA POTAAAAATOOOOOO!

...

Yup.

I made that up.

SO IT'S MINE.

MINEEEEEE!

~ ~ ~

Chapter 6:

A week passed. I joined Tyler's stream two more times, and we Skyped everyday. My dad never noticed. Seth eventually found out, but he was also using his computer for making videos, so we were both safe as long as we made sure no one else in the house saw.

Tyler and I became really good friends. FRIENDS. That's it. Nothing more. Just friends.

It was almost midnight. I sat at my computer, looking for any pre-recorded stuff I had buried somewhere that I haven't uploaded yet. I couldn't record anything, because someone would hear. I had Kiona, Cassie, and Wheatie recording some stuff for me, but it just wasn't the same.

Just after I gave up, I got a Skype call from them. I answered, and said, "What?" I plugged in my headphones and kept my voice low.

"Haaaiii!" Wheatie said.

"What do you guys want? I can't really talk right now," I said, glancing over to my door to make sure it was closed.

I heard Cassie exhale. "We just wanted to ask you if you and Tyler are dating yet. Are you?"

They just won't stop, will they? "No, we're not dating, nor will we ever be," I assured them. "Can you people just let that go?" While I talked, I noticed someone else joined the call.

"Why am I in this--oh." I heard Tyler's voice. I practically froze, and I'm sure he did, too. There was dead silence for about a minute.

"Kiona, why did you--"

"Shhhh, just let it happen," she whispered. I heard her playing "Perfect Two" by Auburn in the background. She invited Kyle to the call.

"Are they dating yet?" he asked once he came into the call.

"Shut up," Cassie said

I cradled my head in my hands, sighed, then looked back up at the screen. "...Are you kidding me?!"

"I'm leaving," said Tyler.

"Yeah, me too," I said.

"Wait!" Wheatie exclaimed beforehand I clicked the 'end call' button. "Just listen to us for a second."

I sat back. "We all know you like each other," Kiona said. "It's pretty obvious. And you're fucking made for each other anyway! Face it, no one's gonna stop bothering you two about this."

"But I don't--"

"Save it, Four Eyes," Kiona interrupted.

"Kiona we don't--"

"Shut up, Four Eyes #2. See? Even your eyesight is the same."

There was awkward silence as everyone other than Tyler and me tried to hold back laughter. "Perfect Two" finished its last few lines during that silence:

"Cause you're the one for me for me,

And I'm the one for you for you.

You take th both of us of us,

And we're the perfect two~"

I glanced over to the window beside me, which was open to reveal the clear night sky with its countless stars and glowing moon. When I faced the computer screen again and waited for a second, I noticed everyone except Tyler and I had muted their microphones. "Okay...I'm leaving now."

"Me too, before anyone has the chance to open their fucking mouth again," Tyler said. We both left the call.

I turned my computer off and jumped onto my bed. I set my phone down on the nightstand, putting the ringer volume on the lowest setting. I lay there on my bed, curled up under my covers, staring out the window up at the sky. Minutes passed, and I soon drifted off to sleep.

I woke up around 2 AM. Great. That meant I most likely wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. Yay...

I sat up and grabbed my phone just as a Skype notification came up. It was from Tyler.

>Tyler: Hey, you awake?<

>Rosie: Yeah. Hai lol<

>Tyler: Ok I need to talk to you<

>Rosie: Alright talk<

>Tyler: No, not talk over messages. Like, talk talk<

>Rosie: Lol okai<

We started the Skype call. "Hi," I said, maybe a little too quietly.

"Hey," Tyler said. I heard a crunching sound coming from his end of the call.

"Are you eating cereal or something?" I asked, hearing the sound of his spoon against the bowl.

"Yup. Cereal is fucking amazing, even at 3 AM," he answered with his mouth full.

I laughed. "Nice. Anyway, why did you wanna talk?" I kinda knew what was coming.

I heard him put the bowl down. "I've been thinking about what people have been saying about us..." he began.

"Yeah, me too," I said.

"And...maybe..." He hesitated. Here it comes... "Maybe they're all right."

I took a breath and rubbed my eyes. "So are you saying we should like...go out?"

"Yeah," he said. "...I think."

I giggled. "Sure."

"Huh?"

"Sure. I'll go out with you," I said.

There was a short silence. "Really?" he finally said. "I thought you didn't like me, like, LIKE like."

"I thought the same about you," I admitted. "But, yeah, I've liked you since MineCon."

"Same," he said.

We talked for a bit more. We both tweeted the news, and it was like we told everyone we were getting fucking married. After we did that, we ended the Skype call.

I put my phone away and lay down in my bed again, thinking, "Ohmigawsh. That just happened."

~ ~ ~

BOOM! Yup, that just happened.

This chapter is a bit short, I think, but whatevs.

So yeah. It's 4:45 AM. WOOOOOO

My eyes really hurt. I think it's because I fell asleep with my glasses on, even if that doesn't make sense. But what else could it be? It's not like my sister put some weird substance in my eyes while I slept. ...Did she?