Chapter 8 - So We're Going to Canada...

Soup.

I don't really like soup.

I've never even had soup before.

I wonder what it tastes like...

Ehh too lazy to go make some.

Whatevs.

*and this has been deep soup thoughts with Rosie. Now back to your regularly scheduled chapter.*

~ ~ ~

Chapter 8:

***Skipping to December 20th because there's nothing significant in between x3***

I sat in my last class of the day for school. I stared at the clock, which was only about a minute away from the hour hand reaching the three and the minute hand hitting the twelve. Then, I would be free of stupid school until January 2nd.

As the 30 second mark came, I noticed pretty much everyone else was either watching the clock as well, or preparing to bolt out the door through the huge crowd that would come pouring out of each class.

Three...two...one.

The bell rang, and we all were out of the building as if there was a fire. I met Seth out in front and we began walking home together through the light snow that had begun to fall earlier that day.

"Hey sis did you know we're going to Canada for Christmas?" Seth said after a few minutes of silent walking.

I nearly chocked on the gum I was chewing. "Really?!"

He nodded. "Yeah, apparently Kai begged Dad to take us all to Nova Scotia."

This was because of Kai? Alright, there was something up. But on the other hand, no matter what Kai was planning, at least I'd be near Tyler for Christmas. Hopefully he wouldn't find a way to fuck that up for me. "Wow," I managed to say.

A couple minutes later we walked through the front door. Our dad was sitting in the living room watching tv and drinking beer, smoking a cigar. You know, the usual.

When he saw us, he put his drink down and said, "Get packing. We're getting on the plane to Canada tomorrow morning."

I raised an eyebrow and stared at him. Already? I literally just learned that we we're even going there, and we're leaving in less than 24 hours? And he didn't use a tone as horrible as he usually would around me. He looked up at me again and spat, "Well? Don't stand there mindlessly. Go and pack, or I'll leave you home!" There. That was more like him.

Happiness lingering inside me, I ran up to my room and grabbed an empty Adventure Time drawstring backpack and small neon paint splattered suitcase from under my bed, and then went to my dresser to find cute clothes. After I packed all my crap, I went onto Twitter and tweeted:

"Apparently I'm going to Canada for X-Mas...don't know why, but guess what that means ;3"

I hit send then went to Skype, where there were already over 160 messages from Cassie, Kiona, and Wheatie waiting for me.

>Rosie: Hai peepz :3<

>Wheatie: GUESS WHAT<

>Rosie: WUT?!<

>Cassie: She's dating Ty x3<

>Wheatie: Awwwh I wanted to say it D:<

>Cassie: :P<

>Rosie: WAIT. Ty as in Deadlox Ty?<

>Kiona: YUS!<

>Wheatie: C'mon guys let me answer for onceeee<

>Cassie: Be faster at typing then xD<

>Rosie: HOLD ON I'M STILL CONFUZZLED! Someone share da deets plzzz<

They explained how during MineCon while Wheatie was waiting in a line for food, she ended up talking to Ty and Adam, who were also in line. They exchanged Skypes, and she and Ty ad been talking to each other over Skype ever since. She never bothered to tell us until now, which I understand. She probably didn't want us bothering her about that like what was happening with me and Tyler before.

>Rosie: AWWWH THAT'S ADORABLE!<

>Wheatie: Yeah :3 So I saw on Twitter that you're going to Canada<

>Rosie: Yup. We're going for no apparent reason. Whatevs I'm not gonna complain<

>Kiona: DOOD I'M GOING TO CANADA TOO! Apparently my family has relatives up in Nova Scotia that I never knew about<

>Rosie: YAYYYY<

We talked about that for a while, then went on to our regular random conversation about crazy and weird shit. We started with talking about Skittles vs Oreos vs M&M's, and ended with Harry Potter about two hours later.

After our random conversation, we recorded a bunch of Minecraft minigames just in case any of us would be too busy during the holidays to record videos. By the time we were finished, it was almost 9:30 PM.

I quit out of Skype and went downstairs to get something to eat since I never had dinner. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. "Nothing, nothing..." I muttered to myself. My eyes landed on a single piece of pizza wrapped up in plastic on a plate. "PIZZAAAAA!" I took it out, unwrapped it, popped it in the microwave, and sat at the table, where Kai sat, watching the tv mounted up on the wall over the table and scrolling through messages on his iPhone. A minute later, my pizza was done.

"So why did you beg Dad to take us to Canada for Christmas?" I asked him as if he would actually answer truthfully. We both knew he wouldn't.

Kai shrugged. "Canada's cool. And I found out your stupid boyfriend lives in Nova Scotia. Can't I be nice for once?"

I ignored him and just finished my pizza while watching Adventure Time.

***

The plane ride was boring. I was stuck between Seth and Kai, who couldn't stop arguing over who knows what. I didn't really pay attention to what the were actually saying, or should I say yelling, about. My dad was busy hitting on a woman sitting with him in front of us, and once she finally had enough, he moved on to the woman sitting across the aisle. Wow. Why am I not surprised?

As I sat and drew a chibi of my Minecraft skin, I felt someone's gaze pointed towards me. I looked up to see two dudes my age staring at me, and Kai smirking and laughing. I rolled my eyes and just sat back, eventually falling asleep until we would reach the airport.

~ ~ ~

So I started writing this chapter on like Sunday, and now it's Wednesday. So that means today is 9/11...

I sorta feel like a moment of silence is necessary

...................

Ok. Just thought I'd need to acknowledge that in some way.

Anyway, in my usual crazy, hyper tone, PICTURE DAY WAS TODAY AND IM PRETTY SURE MINE TURNED OUT HORRIBLE.

Alright ima shut up naow