Just A Little - ||chapter 6||

Hey guys!!
I'm hoping to update more so please leave suggestions in the comments of what should happen!
Baiiii

THIS IS A FILLER CHAPTER

|Dans POV|

-after a bit of a time skip-

I groan slightly and roll over. The sun streams through the window, painting a gold strip across Phil's bare side. He's laying on the side opposite to me. The blue sheets hug us both at our hips, us both shirtless. I turn over and snuggle into his side, resulting in a little sigh as he begins to wake up. He turns over to face me.

"Morning Beautiful" he says, smiling.

I smile back. "What are we going to do now? I want to make the most of the summer while I still can"

"I have an idea. It's kinda bad but I reallly need to get it done."

"Okay, cool. But leave time because at 4o'clock we have to be at the doctors office"

"Why?"

"Check up. Make sure He or She is developing right. And maybe, if baby co-operates... We can find out its sex!"

"Oh my God Dan! That's amazing!" He exclaims, eyes huge and inquisitive.

"Okay let's get up 'cos it's... 10am"

"Right O"

"Uhm Phil.."

"Yeah"

"I- I uh don't have any clothes to change into. The only outfit I brought is in the wash because of the rain.."

"Oh okay. You can use some of mine! Then we'll get you some more today" He says.

---

Just like before we found out I was pregnant, we walked (hand-in-hand) down the early morning streets. We then saw the huge building in front of us, walking through the doors along with other busy morning shoppers.

I've never been a huge fan of department stores. They're huge- to start- and there's way too many people. And most of all, shops. I hate shopping. Bright lights, loud music, busy stores (except for that eerie minimalist store with with no music and all the clothes the one colour), all the shoppers eager to draw you in just so they get a flimsy piece of paper in the form of a pay check.

Although... I must admit, walking here where there aren't as many people, no pushy parents and with someone I actually love, it isn't too bad.

"TopMan!!" Phil exclaims, tugging my hand gently foreword towards the chosen shop. We scan the racks for a while until I find a pair of really nice jeans. They're black, tight fitting, and folded at the ankles.

Phil slings them over his shoulder and holds up a really nice top. It's just plain navy, but it's a really soft material. He slings it over his shoulder too, along with a white, maroon, bottle green and black one too. We shop some more for more jeans, t-shirts and shoes (mainly vans) and eventually stop at a restaurant called Pret-A-Manger. Phil ordered a bacon,cheese and lettuce toastie and I had the chicken salad sandwich. We both had the best coffee I've ever tasted in my life.

"Uhh... That was so good... Can't... Eat... One... More.... Bite..." Phil groans, pushing away plate.

"Same here" I say, holding my tummy. "Will I pay now?"

Phil nods and hands me a £20 note. I smile at him and walk up to the counter and pay the bill.

I check the time. 3:16pm.

"Okay Phil, I think it's time to head to
the hospital" I say, laughing a bit for no reason.

---
"Hello again Daniel, Philip. It's good to see you again. How are you feeling?" The doctor asks

"Good, I guess. My feet hurt I guess but that's just from stress I presume"

"Okay, that's good. Please can you change into this robe and lie down on the bed for a second while I get my gloves"

I quickly change into the robe and lie down on the bed. Phil drags over a little blue chair and sits down next to me, holding my hand.

"Okay boys, let's get started." The doctor says, setting up this creepy ass machine.

"Now Daniel, this might be cold" he says, squirting the Ultrasound goo on my belly. I shiver as it falls onto my stomach, it really was cold.

"It's too early to see the gender, but it's certainly growing and healthy!"

Phil does a fist pump and I roll my eyes, grinning.

"When do you think we'll find out?" Phil asks

"Come back in 2 weeks for your next check up and we'll see then" The Doctor says, smiling warmly.

---

"BOYS!! DINNER!!" We hear Ms Lester shout from the kitchen below us. We were upstairs sitting cross legged on Phil's bed (or should I say 'Our'?) picking out our favourite baby names.

"COMING!" Phil roars back, his voice cracking at the end because of the force.

We hurry downstairs and sit around the table. Peri Peri chicken, peas, roast parsnips, beetroot, potato, sweet potato and onions all sit in front of us. It smells amazing.

"Thank you!" I say, smiling at ms Lester.

"Oh no, not at all. I'm sure you're used to amazing meals back at home."

"Nope. Never had a meal that was actually entirely edible. Always some fancy pantsy imported stuff. It's so nice to actually sit dow with nice, happy people and eat real food. For that, thank you."

She gives me a genuine smile in return.
"Thank you dear, I hope it lives up to your expectations!"

Oh and it did. It was definitely one of the best meals I'd ever had in my life.

"There's something I want to tell you guys" Phil says after swallowing some chicken.

"Sure, fire away" I say.

"Well... I mean... I kinda sort of got a job?" He says in a questioning tone, as if he doubts himself.

"Oh my Goodness! That's amazing! Well done Phil! Where is it?" His mum asks, excited.

He lifts his head up. "Just at the film studio. I'm just the guy who follows around the sound engineer with his stuff, it's not that big. But it pays... And... I want to start saving for our future, you know?"

"Oh my god! That's amazing! Thank you Phil!!" I say out loud.

I don't know if it's the stress or my hormones, but at that moment I really wanted to cry tears of joy. I looked over at him, his face making me the happiest guy on earth.

I couldn't imagine a better father for this baby.

HAII IT ME
IM BACK I GUESS
JC NEARLY DONE KMS

also I wrote a new book called 'blue haired boys are the worst' and so far no ones read it but I'm really proud of the first chapter so please check it out!! It's on my profile so ya :)))

Slán my humans

Song of chapter: Gasoline ~ Halsey

Find out the Gender next chapter!!