It's a ... || chapter 7

HI GUYS IVE ACTUALLY RETURNED FROM THE DEAD.
HA TO THOSE WHO COMMENTED SAYING ILL NEVER UPDATE AGAIN
YOUR COMMENTS INSPIRED ME

-Dan's POV-

Today's the day.

I can't believe we're going to find out the gender today.

"Hey Phil, what do you want it to be? I ask, turning my head to face him.

He lifts up his head from his homework - I've finished school because even though I'm not in the third trimester yet, I'm a boy and my condition is different I guess. But sadly Phil is still in school.

"Oh uhm... I really don't mind. Like really. As long as it's a healthy baby I don't have a preference." He says, smiling.

I nod in agreement.

"BOYS! TIME TO GO!" Ms Lester shouts up to us.

"COMING!" Phil shouts back.

I stand up, massage my back slightly, and grab my black jacket.

"C'mon Mister" I say, flinging his jacket at him. "Let's go"

He grunts and gets up. "Are you nervous? You're kinda shaky" He asks

"A little, I mean I'm scared we'll get bad news or something, but I'm not too nervous because I don't have any gut feelings, you know? I don't know why I'm shaking though.."

"When did you start?" He asks, suddenly concerned.

"Uhm last night?" I say, confused.

"Okay, we'll mention it to the doctor. Let's go!"

---

After we arrive at the doctor and get checked in and changed into the horrible hospital dress, the doctor tells me to lie down on the bed again.

"Okay Daniel, this might be a bit cold again" he chimes, squirting on some of the transparent gel. I flinch in response to the sensation and look over at Phil and smile.

The doctors face settles into a wide-eyed frown, frozen.

"What's wrong Doctor?" Phil asks, his voice timid and shaky.

"Ehm" the doctor says, clearing his throat. "Dan have you been having any unusual symptoms?"

Phil and I exchange a worried look.

"I mean I've been getting the shakes, headaches, dizziness and some trouble concentrating along with fatigue, but I put them all down to pregnancy."

"Hm okay Daniel. I'm going to have to ask you for a blood test. Well, two in fact. A Hematocrit blood test and a Haemoglobin blood test. Please wait here a minute"

He gets up and leave the room, pulling the thin brown door behind him.

"What's wrong Phil?" I ask, worried.