35 | The Boyfriend Kiss

Vote if you had major feels in this chapter and comment what you think about Nathan and Lauren's alone time... Enjoy!
_______

Stephanie twirls in front of me and the mirror before she glances back at me. "What about this one?" She asks hopefully. "It's new."

"That one is good," I answer halfheartedly. 

I blink at Steph as she puts her hands on her hips and narrows her eyes at me. It was kind of hard to take her serious when she just wore a skimpy black bikini. "You said that about the last three. Are you even paying attention?"

In my defense, how could I possibly pay attention to something as trivial as which bathing suit she should wear to the pool when Nathan had kissed me like that earlier? Feeling his lips on mine shocked me to the core until I was absolutely delirious and all I wanted was more. 

On more than one occasion, I had to remind myself that the kiss was a product of our fake relationship. It was just so hard to think rationally when the thought of Nathan made my mind melt into a puddle. 

"I'm sorry," I sigh as I run an exhausted hand down my face. "That one looks the best, though. Wear that."

Stephanie drops her hands from her hips as she eyes me cautiously, as if she were on the verge of discovering something. Slowly, she walks over to me, and sits beside me on the bed. "What's on your mind, Lauren?"

I almost thought to lie about it so I didn't have to actually voice my embarrassing thoughts, but I eventually ended up caving. "That kiss."

"Ah," I don't have to glance at Steph to see that she's smirking. "I figured." 

When she doesn't offer me any other words of encouragement, I end up rambling to defend myself. "I mean, he was just being my fake boyfriend in front of Brett. But... wow, are all kisses like that?" 

Stephanie smiles broadly at me when she spots the slight glimmer that sat like dew in my eyes. "Did you ever have a kiss with Thomas like that?"

"God no," And thusly, I answered my own question. The reality of how much I liked him sat in the pit of my stomach like a weight that I could never rid myself of. I tried to blink away my daze and straightened up a little. "Okay, that's good to know."

She gives me a knowing look and shakes her head. "You could cut the sexual tension between you two with a knife."

"Let's talk about something else," I abruptly redirect the conversation and look at her seriously. "When are you going down to the pool to meet up with Justin?"

Luckily, my attempt to divert attention from my extreme crush on Nathan worked, because Steph suddenly checked her phone with widened eyes. "I should probably go soon. I told him I was coming down ten minutes ago. I think I'm officially fashionably late."

I let a relieved smile stretch onto my lips. "Yeah, you should go. Should I be expecting you back tonight?" 

Steph stands up from the bed and tosses me a confident grin over her shoulder. "Probably not." I laugh wholeheartedly as she tugs on a long tee shirt and winks at me. "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Wish me luck."

"Good luck!" I chirp from the bed.

With her hand on the door handle, Stephanie turns back to look at me with a smug smirk. "Try not to kiss Nathan again."