01

"The third group will be Blaire, Theo and Luke." My geography teacher called out. Great, a group with two boys, this is going to be awful. I gave my friend Haley an agonizing look as I moved my books to go sit with the two boys. I was kind of friends with Luke, he was on my summer track team at the beginning of the year, but Theo I hadn't met yet. Luke was short with thin brown hair, pale skin, and light brown eyes. Theo however was much taller, a couple inches taller than me. He had thick black hair, and dark brown eyes.

"So what should we do for our project?" Theo asked in his deep voice. I tucked my curly blonde hair behind my ear;

"Maybe Mexico?" I offered, for Mexico was where I've been wanting to go since I was three, now I'm seventeen and still haven't gone.

"That'll be easy, since Theo's Mexican." Luke said happily referring to Theo who looked down and shook his head.

"Really? That's so cool!" I said, unable to hide my enthusiasm. Theo raised his gaze to meet mine and nodded.

"I've actually been there before." He said casually, like it was nothing. My jaw dropped,

"What's it like there?" I couldn't help asking.

"We'll find out when we do our project." He said cheekily, winking at me.

"We can meet at my house if you guys want." Luke offered, we all agreed on Luke's house Saturday at four. "You both can come for dinner and then we'll work on our project until nine or ten."

"Sound good." Theo said, kicking me lightly under the desk. I narrowed my eyes and smiled, kicking him back.

"Luke, I don't know if I can work on this project with her, she's too pretty I won't be able to focus." Theo said in a loud whisper so I could hear. My cheeks burned like they always did when someone compliments me.

"Dude, she blushing." Luke said as I tried covering my face with my hand.

"Oooooo she's blushing!'' Theo exclaimed triumphantly. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms playfully, the bell rang and I got up from my chair. I walked out of the classroom but felt someone grab my wrist.

"What do you have last period?" Theo asked me.

"Either gym or art depending on what day it is." I answered, stunned.

"My locker is one forty-three, why don't you meet me there and I'll walk you to your car." He said smirking slightly.

"Um, sure." I responded, slightly weirded out.

"Cool." He said and walked away.

What just happened?