04

"Hey." I said awkwardly, sitting next to Angel, across from Theo at their lunch table.

"Hey Beautiful." He smirked at me, I could see Angel looking at me with wide eyes but I fought not to meet her gaze.

"Hi Theo." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"So you guys up for a movie tonight?" Theo asked Drew and Angel. "Blaire already agreed." He winked at me and I nodded uncomfortably. Angel looked thrilled;

"Yeah that'd be nice." She looked at Drew who agreed with her and smiled. Angel was flirting with him, I could tell, her cheeks were flushed and she made her voice go higher. I got up to go into the lunch line, Theo got up too, rushing behind me to put his hands on my waist. I spun around to face him and gave him a friendly glare.

"Why don't we, uh, skip lunch?" Theo smiled. "Give Angel and Drew a little alone time." I glanced at their table, Angel was laughing with Drew and I smiled, turning back to Theo. I didn't know about this, but his dark eyes sparkled and his smile looked so well meaning;

"Alright," I agreed. Theo grabbed my hand and led me out of the lunch room. We stepped into the hallway and looked both ways before moving on, getting caught would mean a detention, and I can't survive in detention. We heard footsteps and I caught a glimpse of the janitor before Theo pushed me hard into the janitors closet.

"No why would we hide in here if we're trying to escape the janitor!" I whisper-yelled. Theo shrugged and locked the door. We heard the janitors footsteps get quieter until we couldn't hear them anymore. I let out the breath I was holding, I heard a door open outside, and several teachers start talking. Theo sighed and pushed a chair up against the door. It was cramped in the closet, not much room for the both of us. Theo pulled me close, putting his hands on my waist. My breath hitched and I breathed in the smell of his cologne.

I shouldn't be doing this...

Quickly, I pushed him away, folding my arms. He looked at me, clearly confused at my sudden change in mind; "What's wrong?"

"Look, you seem like a good guy, but it's obvious you're a player." I tried putting it in the nicest way possible, Theo looked amused, a reaction I wasn't expecting.

"You think I'm a player?" He asked to clarify. I nodded quietly, Theo's usual smirk was creeping onto his face and I almost couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Ah, and what's your definition of 'player' exactly?" He asked, I hesitated not knowing what to say.

"Well...it's someone who...uh...isn't really committed to relationships." I said, finally grasping the words.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"And you think I'm a player...why?" He asked, taking me aback.

"Well, it's just...you flirt with a lot of girls?" It came out as more of a question than a statement, I wasn't doing good at this. He smiled;

"Well considering there's only one girl I like I only flirt with one girl." He said matter-of-factly. I was confused, I honestly had no idea what he was talking about;

"Okay, and that girl is...?"

"Who do you think?" He rolled his eyes and I shrugged my shoulders, no one coming to mind.

"Oh God, it's you!" He exclaimed.

"Me?"

"Yes! I thought I had made it obvious, you're so oblivious." He said, tapping his chin.

"I am not!" I replied, getting defensive. He laughed;

"Yes you are, the complimenting, always trying to get your attention, invitation to the movies, that was all flirting and you didn't even see it, it's kind of funny if you ask me."

"Oh," I thought, Theo Rankoff...liked me? How could this even happen...I've only known him for a week. This was all way too confusing.