14

"So why is it that you're trying to get over me?" Theo asked me that Friday night while we were on FaceTime.

"Um, you like another girl," I said it like it was obvious, which it was. Theo shook his head violently,

"Not anymore, she ended up kind of...crazy," he said.

"What?" I laughed and he smiled.

"All she ever talked about is me, and people were starting to get annoyed, including me," he explained.

"Oh," was all I said, I looked down.

"Yeah, want to do something?" Theo asked, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Something, like what?" I asked, suspicious.

"You should come over," he replied.

"What about you're family?"

"They're not here," he shrugged. I bit my lip, unsure.

"Yeah sure, I'll be there in a bit," I said the words before I could stop myself. After all, we're friends, friends can do stuff together without it being weird. I put on black leggings and a peach colored lacy top and paired it with my brown boots. I fluffed my curly blonde hair as I ran down the stairs and tugged on my coat, grabbing the keys I started opening the front door;

"Where are you going?" Zach appeared at the top of the steps, looking down at me dismissively.

"To my friend's house," I replied, not questioning his sudden urge to not ignore me.

"What friend?" He asked suspiciously, descending the steps so he was eye-level with me.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because I've see you in the halls around that one boy who always has his hands on you," Zach replied, crossing his arms. "That boy is Theo Rankoff I know, but Blaire he's no good for you, he gets in fights all the time."

"He's just my friend," I responded, rolling my eyes.

"Friends don't look at each other like that," he responded.

"What do you mean?" I asked, taken aback.

"He looks at you like you're the only girl in the world, with adoration, trust me Blaire I know what I'm talking about," Zach said, I shook my head, trying to clear it.

"Whatever," I mumbled. "I gotta go, I'll talk to you later." I ran outside before he could say anything else, I jumped in the car and started driving. A million thoughts swarmed my head, what was Zach even talking about? Has he been spying on us when we're in the halls? I've never seen him around, I shook the thoughts away when I finally pulled into Theo's, I got out and hurried to his front door.

"Hey!" I said cheerfully when he opened the door, he smiled and kissed me on the cheek, causing the butterflies to go mad in my stomach.

"Hi Beautiful," he smirked and I blushed, stepping into his house.

"Awe, you're so cute when you blush," he said, which made me blush even more.

"So, you and I are going to a party," Theo cheered as we sat down on his couch.

"We are?" I asked, almost scared, Theo nodded and smiled.

"Yes, and to keep you safe, you're going as my girlfriend," he winked at me and I blushed like crazy,

"Oh am I now?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yep," Theo said, making his voice high-pitched like a little boy.

"What if I'm over you?" I laughed, and he mock-pouted.

"Dang," he said, his voice returning to his normal pitch. " I thought I did a good job on preventing that from happening."

"Yeah, I'm joking, you did a really good job actually," I replied, still laughing. Theo smiled, leaning in and kissing me, my stomach did the familiar flip and did it once again we he pulled away. The silence was kind of awkward, but it was finally broken by Theo saying,

"Alright, let's get going, shall we?" We headed outside and into his car.

"So where's this party at?" I asked after a couple minutes.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out," he replied cheekily, I rolled my eyes but kept quiet. After a while, we arrived at a large house, you could hear the music pulsing when we got out of the car. I hesitated at the front door, I had never gone to any high school parties, there would probably be alcohol.

"What's wrong?" Theo asked, taking my hand.

"Please don't drink," I whispered, Theo grinned and kissed my cheek.

"Of course not," he smiled and opened the door. The living room alone was filled with people talking, laughing, and some dancing. Theo squeezed my hand and guided me through the crowd.

"Theo! What's up, haven't seen you in a while," A tall blonde haired guy approached us, clapping Theo on the shoulder.

"Hey Frank," Theo said casually, Frank eyed me with a grin on his face,

"This your girl?" He asked raising an eyebrow, Theo smirked, putting his arm around my waist,

"You bet," he winked at me and I smiled.

"I'm Blaire," I spoke up.

"Frank," he replied, smiling at me, he walked past Theo, stopping by his ear;

"She's actually really hot, good job bud," he whispered a little too loudly, Theo smiled, pulling me closer as I blushed like crazy.

"Do you want a drink?" Theo asked me and I nodded, he disappeared into the crowd and I stood off to the side awkwardly. After a few minutes, Theo still wasn't back. Another five minutes passed, he still wasn't here. Another ten minutes went by, still no Theo.

Where was he?