12

The rest of the school day went by in a blur, I couldn't think or concentrate. When I finally got home, Zach was nowhere to be found. He had sent mom to a retirement home, young as she was, it didn't matter really. We just couldn't put up with her anymore, I honestly felt glad she wasn't there everything was so much more...peaceful.

My conversation with Theo kept replaying in my head, him pushing me into the closet, us laughing, the kiss, then me saying goodbye, I didn't know what to think. I felt numb, and a little bit sad he didn't fight for the conversation not to end after I said goodbye. I finally gave up on trying to figure it out and laid my head down on my pillow and went to sleep.

Theo's P.O.V

God, I screwed up so badly. When Blaire walked out of the janitor's closet, I was going to call after her. Grab her arm and maybe kiss her again, but the door slammed in my face, and when I opened it, she was nowhere to be seen. I felt miserable, I wasn't flirting with Delaney anymore, I wasn't getting into trouble with Drew as usual, I stayed out of everyone's way. After our conversation, I'd see Blaire in the hallway, looking kind of lost and bewildered. I called her name a couple of times, but she either ignored me, or didn't hear me. I thought about texting her, or calling. We use to facetime some, I'd call her pretty so I could watch her face turn red. I loved seeing her blush, and I loved how I was the only one who could make her turn that red. I felt like I lost that, sure, Delaney was gorgeous, but she just wasn't the same, I just wish Blaire knew how I felt.

Blaire's P.O.V

I woke up late, moonlight shone through my window. Theo was the first thing I thought about. I felt like I made a mistake telling him goodbye, but it was too late now, I guess. He'd probably already made up his mind to ask Delaney out since I was out of the picture. My eyes stung, and I blinked back tears. I always told myself I'd never cry over a boy. Then again, I always told myself I'd never fall for a player, things change.